|This article is about the technology in Age of Empires II: The Conquerors. For the technology in Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, see Zealotry (Age of Empires).|
Zealotry is a technology in Age of Empires II: The Conquerors that is unique to the Saracens and can be researched at the Castle once the Imperial Age is reached. Once researched, it increases Camel Rider and Mameluke hit points by +30.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Zealotry greatly enhances the combat ability of camel units, allowing them to stand one on one against even Paladins. Their Heavy Camel Riders get more hitpoints than the Imperial Camel Rider. Still, as it is very expensive, it should be the last of all technologies for the Camel troops to research.
Team bonuses[edit | edit source]
Changelog[edit | edit source]
The Conquerors[edit | edit source]
- Zealotry costs 750 food and 800 gold.
Definitive Edition[edit | edit source]
- With update 37650, Zealotry costs 750 food and 700 gold.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The word zealot comes from the Greek zelotes, meaning emulator, zealous admirer or follower.
- The Zealots were a political movement in 1st-century Second Temple Judaism, which sought to incite the people of Judea Province to rebel against the Roman Empire and expel it from the Holy Land by force of arms, most notably during the First Jewish–Roman War (66–70). In time, the word came to mean fanatic.
- This technology also affect Camel Archers,which the Saracens cannot train.
History[edit | edit source]
|“||Strengths of the great Muslim armies were their speed and their absolute faith in their destiny. Their strong religious beliefs calmed the natural fears of any warrior and gave them a sense of invincibility their enemies could rarely match. The effect was armies that accomplished deeds out of proportion with their size and equipment.||”|
|—The Conquerors manual|