|“||Zapotec warrior armed with a shield and a sword to counter Infantry and Cavalry.||”|
The Zapotec Lightning Warrior is melee heavy infantry native warrior in Age of Empires III: The WarChiefs that can be trained at a Trading Post built on a Zapotec settlement which replaces the Aztecs in the expansion, thus the Zapotec Lightning Warrior acts as a replacement to the Aztec Jaguar Warrior.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Further statistics
- 3 Home City Cards
- 4 Changelog
- 5 In-game dialogue
- 6 Trivia
- 7 History
- 8 Gallery
The Zapotec Lightning Warrior is similar to the Aztec Jaguar Prowl Knight. It is capable of countering both heavy infantry and cavalry, much like its Aztec counterpart, but it is cheaper, has less siege damage and melee damage, and has a low melee resistance. It can prove to be a cost-efficient unit and an all-around combatant due to its availability in the Commerce Age.
|Zapotec Warrior Societies||200 wood,
|Upgrades Zapotec Lightning Warriors to Elite (+25% hit points and attack)|
|Champion Zapotec||400 wood,
|Upgrades Zapotec Lightning Warriors to Champion (+40% hit points and attack); requires Zapotec Warrior Societies|
| Legendary Native Warriors
|Upgrades native warriors to Legendary/Exalted (+50% hit points and attack)|
- The Legendary Native Warriors improvement is available in the Capitol for European civilizations and in the Town Center for Native American and Asian (as Exalted Natives) civilizations.
|Unit strengths and weaknesses|
|Strong vs.||Cavalry, light infantry, heavy infantry, buildings|
|Weak vs.||Skirmishers, archers, artillery|
|Hit points|| Infantry Breastplate (+10%)|
Thin Red Line (+20%, British only)
Corselet (+25%, Spanish only)
Cree Tanning (+5%)
Maya Cotton Armor (+20%)
Navajo Weaving (+5%)
|Attack|| Carib Kasiri Beer (+10%)|
Mapuche Tactics (+50% siege attack)
Zapotec Cult of the Dead (+20%)
Master Lessons (+10%)
|Speed|| Military Drummers (+10%)|
Tilly's Discipline (+20%, Germans only)
Cherokee War Dance (+20%)
Quechuan Mountaineering (+20%)
Apache Endurance (+5%)
|Sight||Town Watch (+2)|
|Creation speed||Standing Army (-25%)|
|Penalties|| Thin Red Line (-25% speed, British only)|
Tilly's Discipline (+10% cost, Germans only)
Corselet (-15% speed, Spanish only)
Home City Cards
|Click for a list of Home City Cards related to the Zapotec Lightning Warrior|
- Zapotec Lightning Warriors have 11 hand attack, 30 siege attack, train in 20 seconds, and have a x2.0 multiplier against cavalry and x1.5 against shock infantry.
- Zapotec Lightning Warriors have 12 hand attack, 24 siege attack, train in 30 seconds, and have a x2.5 multiplier against cavalry, x2.0 against shock infantry, and x2.5 against heavy infantry.
The African Royals
- Although it is not listed in the patch notes, with update 50830, the Zapotec Lightning Warrior portrait has been updated.
- Main article: Zapotec#In-game_dialogue
- The weapon used by the Zapotec Lightning Warrior is a Macuahuitl, or obsidian sword, similar to one used by the Jaguar Prowl Knight.
|“||The Zapotec, a Mesoamerican people who developed an advanced civilization, inhabited cities as well as towns, their homes built from stones and mortar. They had an early written language system, which perhaps influenced other Mesoamerican writing systems developed as by the Aztec, Maya, and Mixtec.|
One of the most powerful and sacred forces of nature to the Zapotec was lightning, personified by Cociyo or the Thunder God. Images of the Thunder God often reflected a serpentine nature, perhaps mirroring the undulating movements of lightning as it strikes the earth. Dressed for battle in lightweight yet sturdy cotton armor, the lightning warrior was an elite infantryman feared throughout Mesoamerica during the 1500s.