Some technology upgrades apply to Yurts, as they serve the same function as Houses.
Campaign appearances Edit
Yurts appear in the following campaign scenarios.
- Crucible: All enemy tribes have Yurts at their settlements.
- A Life of Revenge: All players start with a few Yurts.
- The Horde Rides West: The player and the Merkids start with Yurts at their settlements.
- The Promise: The player has three Yurts in their starting settlement.
- Pax Mongolica: The player has Yurts in their starting settlement.
- The Scourge of God: The Huns and the Scythians have Yurts in their settlements.
- The Great Ride: The Scythian Wild Women have a Yurt in their clearing in the forest.
- Reconquista: The Black Guard forces have several Yurts in their settlements.
Appearance outside campaigns Edit
The Forgotten introduces the Steppe, a map similar to Nomad but without water, where players begin without a Town Center and scout and three extra Villagers. They also begin the game with three Yurts.
- In the "Tales of Middle-Earth" mod, the first Age model for the Town Hall is identical to the large Yurt model.
|Unconstructable buildings in Age of Empires II|
|The Age of Kings|
|Cathedral · City Wall · Dome of the Rock · Fortress · Great Pyramid · Mosque · Pavilion · Pyramid · The Accursed Tower · The Tower of Flies · Trade Workshop · Yurt|
|Monument · Sea Gate · Sea Tower · Sea Wall|
|Amphitheatre · Aqueduct · Arch of Constantine · Colosseum · Fire Tower · Fortified Palisade Wall · Gol Gumbaz · Poenari Castle · Quimper Cathedral · Temple of Heaven|
|The African Kingdoms|
|Barricade · Fence · Granary · Hut · Palace · Sea Fortification · Storage · Tent|
|Rise of the Rajas|
|Army Tent · Sanchi Stupa|
|Aachen Cathedral · Rock Church|