The Yurt is an unconstructable building in Age of Empires II. Like Houses, Yurts provide five population. They cannot be built in normal gameplay, however, they are available in the Scenario Editor and can be found in some campaigns.
Some technology upgrades apply to Yurts, as they serve the same function as Houses.
Yurts appear in the following campaign scenarios.
- Crucible: All tribes have Yurts at their settlements.
- A Life of Revenge: All players start with a few Yurts.
- The Horde Rides West: The player and the Merkids start with Yurts at their settlements.
- The Promise: The player has three Yurts in their starting settlement.
- Pax Mongolica: The player has Yurts in their starting settlement.
- Holy Roman Emperor: There are several Yurts owned by the Cuman mercenaries to the east.
- The Scourge of God: The Huns and the Scythians have Yurts in their settlements.
- The Great Ride: The Scythian Wild Women have a Yurt in their clearing in the forest.
- The Catalaunian Fields: The Alans have seven Yurts in their starting settlement.
- Reconquista: The Black Guard forces have several Yurts in their settlements.
- The Night Falls: The Wallachia town has Yurts.
Appearance outside campaigns
The Forgotten introduces the Steppe, a map similar to Nomad but without water, where players begin without a Town Center and scout unit and three extra Villagers. They also begin the game with three Yurts.
- In the "Tales of Middle-Earth" mod, the first Age model for the Town Hall is identical to the large Yurt model.
- For some reason there are Yurts in Dos Pilas scenario.
|Unconstructable buildings in Age of Empires II|
|The Age of Kings|
|Bridge · Cathedral · Dome of the Rock · Great Pyramid · Mosque · Pavilion · Pyramid · The Accursed Tower · Sea Gate · Sea Tower · Sea Wall · The Tower of Flies · Trade Workshop · Yurt|
|Amphitheatre · Aqueduct · Arch of Constantine · City Wall · Colosseum · Fire Tower · Fortified Palisade Wall · Fortress · Gol Gumbaz · Poenari Castle · Quimper Cathedral · Temple of Heaven · Wooden Bridge|
|The African Kingdoms|
|Barricade · Fence · Granary · Hut · Palace · Fortified Tower · Storage · Tent|
|Rise of the Rajas|
|Army Tent · Sanchi Stupa|
|The Last Khans (Definitive Edition)|
|Aachen Cathedral · Chain · City Gate · Dormition Cathedral · Rock Church · Sankore Madrasah · Shrine · Tower of London|
|Lords of the West|
|Dawn of the Dukes|
|Dynasties of India|
|Minaret of Jam|