Methods to obtain wood Edit
Wood can be collected by a few methods which are all listed below.
Trees are abundant on almost every map found in the game, including arid ones. Major forests can easily be located and cut down, both supplying wood for new buildings and clearing land to build on.
Gold can be traded for wood at the Market. The more wood a player buys, the more expensive it gets. In Age of Empires and Age of Empires III, the Market also contains essential upgrades that can increase the speed of wood collecting from chopping down trees.
Resource-generating buildings Edit
Throughout the series, a few buildings are featured that steadily generate wood. They are listed below.
- Feitoria (Age of Empires II, Portuguese)
- Plenty Vault (Age of Mythology, Greeks)
- Garden (Age of Mythology, Chinese)
- Factory (Age of Empires III)
- Porcelain Tower (Age of Empires III, Chinese)
Trade Route Edit
In Age of Empires III, building Trading Posts is another way to obtain wood. Some units of a chosen resource are produced for free each time a Coach or Train makes a full loop around a Trade Route (the amount depends on the length of the Trade Route), and the player can choose to make that resource wood.
Home City shipments Edit
Age of Empires III also offers the option of Home City shipments as a means to get extra wood. Once selected, wood arrives in the form of cords to the shipment point which by default is a Town Center. Villagers must work on them to unpack the shipments. All shipments that provide wood are listed in the following table.
Cheats to obtain wood Edit
- Age of Empires: woodstock +1,000 wood
- Age of Empires II: lumberjack +10,000 wood
- Age of Mythology: TROJAN HORSE FOR SALE +1,000 wood
- Age of Empires III: <censored> +10,000 wood