|This article is about the building in Age of Empires. For the building in other games of the series, see Watch Tower.|
The Watch Tower is a tower in Age of Empires. In order to be built, it must first be researched at the Granary for 50 food. The Watch Tower can be upgraded in later Ages at the Granary. It is available to all civilizations. Watch Towers are more resistant against stone throwing siege weapons unlike other buildings, having 18 additional siege armor against them after accounting for building armor. Against Armored Elephants, Watch Towers have 16 extra armor.
Watch Towers are a good defensive unit and can hold back early rushes if placed behind walls in early ages. Its strength will dramatically decrease once the Bronze Age is reached so it is advised to upgrade it to the Sentry Tower as soon as possible. It is recommended to place them at higher elevations since the attack will be increased.
Tool Age Edit
- Woodworking increases range by one
Bronze Age Edit
- Artisanship increases range by one
- Architecture decreases build time by 33% and increases hit points by 20%
- Can be upgraded to the Sentry Tower
Iron Age Edit
- Alchemy increases attack by one
- Ballistics increases its accuracy
- Craftsmanship increases range by one
- Can be upgraded to the Guard Tower
- Can also be upgraded to the Ballista Tower
Civilization bonuses Edit
- Babylonian Watch Towers hit points +75%.
- Choson Watch Towers have +2 Range
- Roman Watch Towers costs 75 stone instead of the usual 150