|This article is about the Greek Villager in Age of Mythology. For the Villager in other games of the series, see Villager.|
The Villager is a worker unit in Age of Mythology that is only available to the Greeks. Villagers are essential in gathering the resources with which to develop the player's army and build structures to expand your empire. A strong empire has many Villagers. In times of emergency, Villagers are fair fighters, but they are best left to what they do well - gathering resources and constructing buildings.
The player can only have up to 80 Villagers alive at any given time regardless of the population cap status.
Villagers are usually used to gather resources to fund the player's many technological upgrades and unit creation in addition to building and repairing structures.
Assigning Villagers to Temples will slowly generate Favor. The more Villagers praying at a Temple, the more favor is generated, though the benefit decreases with each additional Villager.
Villagers can build the following buildings:
Villagers have the following attack multipliers for their melee attack:
- Hand Axe increases the gather rate of wood by 10% and carrying capacity by 50%.
- Bow Saw also increases the gather rate of wood by 10% and carrying capacity by 50%.
- Carpenters also increases the gather rate of wood by 10% and carrying capacity by 50%.
- Pickaxe increases the gather rate of gold by 10% and carrying capacity by 50%.
- Shaft Mine also increases the gather rate of gold by 10% and carrying capacity by 50%.
- Quarry also increases the gather rate of gold by 10% and carrying capacity by 50%.
- Hunting Dogs increases the gather rate of food from hunted animals by 30%
- Husbandry increases the gather rate of food from herd animals by 20% and allows villagers to carry twice as much food (of all types).
- Plow increases the gather rate of food from Farms by 10%
- Irrigation further increases the gather rate of Food from Farms by 10%
- Flood Control further increases the gather rate of Food from Farms by 10%
Worshiping the gods below enables players to research myth technologies that improve Villagers.
- Golden Apples increases the favor generation rate by 15%. Researched at the Town Center.
- Divine Blood increases villager speed by 20%, decreases building construction time by and allows villagers to carry 10 more food, wood, and gold. Researched at the Town Center.
Villagers form the basis of your economy. Make sure you have enough Villagers to generate a steady inflow of resources, but remember they are weak in combat. Task a Greek Villager on a Temple to generate Favor.
A mixture of freemen and slaves performed the bulk of the food production and other labor in the lands surrounding the Aegean Sea that constituted ancient Greece. Because the land here was not rich for agriculture, the typical freemen villager became adept at a variety of crafts and was a more independent thinker than more docile peasants elsewhere. Freemen Greek villagers also were the bulk of the Greek soldiery, the best in the world at the time, and were at the forefront of Greek expansion through colonization and trade.
|Villager | Laborer | Gatherer | Dwarf | Citizen | Peasant|