If you feel like improving more articles, but not sure which one you want to improve, then try the Random Page button! Also, every wiki has two list of articles that need help, called "Stubs" and "Wanted Articles". Don't be shy, be bold!
- 1 Strategy Pages
- 2 Team Bonuses
- 3 Greetings
- 4 Eagle warriors
- 5 Some Important Information
- 6 Possible Promotion
- 7 AoE 2 and AoE II
- 8 Chu Ko Nu (Age of Empires II)
- 9 Promotion
- 10 Reverted edits
- 11 Civilization categories
- 12 Name of DS pages
- 13 Eagle scout-bonus vs. cavalry
- 14 Promotion
- 15 Civilization categories
- 16 Main Page Updates
- 17 Your Comments
- 18 Hello
- 19 New Wiki Manager
- 20 Analytics
- 21 Deleted comments
- 22 Changelog
- 23 Alphabetical order
- 24 Image names
- 25 Custom Tech Tree icons
- 26 Analyziing my Tibetan civ concept from a gameplay perspective
Strategy Pages[edit source]
I have changed your edits on the strategy pages because they are sloppily written. There were run-on sentences, inconsistent capitalization, and poorly worded statements. There are standards on this wiki that need to be followed and proper grammar is one of them. We also do not use "you" statements in articles other than campaign strategy pages. I have not removed any information you've put on there, I have only condensed it to make it easier to read. LeeUnit92 (talk) 06:28, December 31, 2013 (UTC)
Team Bonuses[edit source]
I'm not against having information on team bonuses, the issue was putting the Teuton's team bonus on the pages. Their conversion resistance applies to all units so there's no point putting that as a bonus on unit pages. Team bonuses should only be listed if they apply to specific units like the Japanese one. LeeUnit92 (talk) 22:18, January 9, 2014 (UTC)
Hi Papermaniac I'm RSV 123, I see you are making a lots of edit here thats really nice. It's good to have some new users. Well can you put the Icon on the Maygar Huzsar inbox as my game has a bug which does not allow me to take screen shots. Thanks.RSV 123 (talk) 08:15, January 15, 2014 (UTC)
Eagle warriors[edit source]
Some Important Information[edit source]
Hi, I noticed you are very active and was wondering if you are interested in having a bot like this one. I think this tool might be able to help you edit simple things faster without flooding the activities page. If you need help, feel free to let me know! Also, please use some common sense when coming up with categories like Catapults & Animal Decoys when alternative categories are available. Categories like Transports, Foot Archers, Gunpowder Ships & what are not fine. However, I might rename Transports to Garrison Units but I'll save this discussion at a later date.
Possible Promotion[edit source]
For your consistent edits and anti vandalism edits, I believe your are a good candidate for a rollback. We would use this site for such events but since the page does not exist right now, you can just contact me if you feel you are ready to attain this position.
AoE 2 and AoE II[edit source]
You are the most active contributor and the admin that left me a welcome message had protected his talk page, so I will ask you.
Perfusion contains "AoE II" in one category and "AoE 2" in another category. I propose using one version - "AoE II" per the game`s name - "Age of Empires II". What do you think? AVH (talk) 18:23, March 16, 2014 (UTC)
Chu Ko Nu (Age of Empires II)[edit source]
Regarding this edit: Chu Ko Nu is unique unit and it should be in Category:Unique units.
- Chu Ko Nu says that "The Chu Ko Nu is a ranged unit unique to the Chinese". It is a Chinese unit and it is a unique unit. Not every Chinese unit is Unique and vice versa.
I haven't been active here over the past month now & didn't realize you sent me a message the day I was gone. I should've done this a long time ago, but you certainly deserved it nevertheless. I won't be very active here any time soon so I hope other users will look up to you in place of me. Good luck!
|Congratulations! For your outstanding work in the Age of Empires Series Wiki, you have been awarded the status of a Rollback Editor. As a Rollback Editor, you will now be able to:
Thank you for your active contribution to this wiki. Your dedication in improving this gaming encyclopedia is greatly appreciated.
Reverted edits[edit source]
I noticed that you reverted some of my edits to the articles in this wiki, noticeably those regarding changes from the conquerors to the forgotten, (like the perfusion bonus) or those about sheer maths like the inca strategy page. I don't know what your source for those info is, but let me tell you that the game manual and the in-game tech tree are both EXTREMELY UNRELIABLE because they were written very poorly. All my edits instead were done after having thoroughly checked the game data itself with the Advanced Genie Editor (AGE).
For example, I think that your reason for believing that Perfusion gives a 50% bonus in TC and a 100% bonus in TF is due to the change show in the tech tree info; well, that change doesn't reflect a change in the data itself, it's just a text correction, because the info itself was simply wrong in TC. if you check the game data with AGE, you can easily notice that perfusion has always given a 2x multiplier (aka 100% increase) to the working rate of barracks, which means that all units/techs from the barracks are trained/researched in half the time it would usually take (50% decrease in time).
Other mistakes in the tech tree info?
- Conscription doesn't make the units train faster, it makes the building itself work 33% faster, which means that techs too are researched 33% faster.
- Spanish "Cannon galleons benefit from Ballistics" couldn't be more wrong. this bonus applies the effect of Ballistics to the Cannon Galleon's projectile even if the tech itself isn't researched, AND increases that projectile speed from 1.95 to 7, which has nothing to do with Ballistics.
- Every "X units attacks Y% faster" bonus in the game is worded badly. the game uses an attack reload time parameter instead of a Rate of Fire parameter as the text implies: that number is related to the reload time decrease, and that leads to mistakes, because a 20% reload time decrease (as in the mongol bonus to CAs fire rate) means that the unit attacks 1/0.80 = 25% faster. The same is true for every other time reduction bonus that is worded "created x% faster", like the turkish team bonus (-20% time -> +25% speed) or the aztec military bonus (-15% time -> +17,6% speed). Using a +x% speed increase to describe an actual -x% time decrease or vice versa is ALWAYS wrong due to sheer math.
- Hoardings... it's a total mystery why it was worded that way. It's not +1000, but a 21% bonus. This, among other things, explains why you get ZERO benefits from researching Hoardings BEFORE masonry and architecture as people might logically try to do. The opposite happens with sanctity: it's not +50%, but a much more direct +15... so similarly, researching sanctity after the other monastery techs while playing as Aztects is useless.
And I could easily go on...
Another thing you reverted is the Janissary page: believe me, ballistics has no effect whatsoever on ANY gunpowder unit bar bombard towers.
About maths (inca strategy page and similar): a 10% + 10% speed increase (squires + couriers) =/= 20% increase. 10%+10% = 1*1.10*1.10 = 21% increase. Fully upgraded goths barracks in postimp (perfusion + conscription + team bonus) work 219,2% faster!!! (2*1.33*1.20 = 3.192). The mistake is that you're adding up subsequent multipliers instead of multiplying them.
Sorry about the extremely long post but I wanted to make clear as many things as possible. Let me know your thoughts about all this and if you want to ask me about other changes i did, please do so. ATM, all I can tell you is that I knew what I was doing.
PS. The official The Forgotten changelog (the ONLY reliable source) can be found at http://steamcommunity.com/app/221380/discussions/1/666825524931444842/. Also, a nice compendium of tech tree omissions and mistakes is at http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=191310499
- "Hoardings... it's a total mystery why it was worded that way. It's not +1000, but a 21% bonus. This, among other things, explains why you get ZERO benefits from researching Hoardings BEFORE masonry and architecture as people might logically try to do."
- Just a quick comment: This is only true for the AoE II HD version. In my old CD version of AoE II, researching hoardings before masonry and architecture gives more HP to castles than researching it afterwards (that was one of the things that the Forgotten Empires mod decided to change, and it's now also been added to the HD version).Narve (talk)
- I just checked that myself and what you said is partially true. In Age of Kings it was a +1000 bonus. But the shift to +21% came with the orignal the conquerors expansion, way before HD and Forgotten Empires. Well... at least the mystery has been solved. They forgot to change the description.
Edit: the same happened with sanctity, which was a 1.5 multiplier in AOK and +15 from the conquerors onwards, most likely to avoid the problem I mentioned with the upcoming Aztecs civilization. --Caledor92 (talk) 16:00, July 27, 2014 (UTC)
Civilization categories[edit source]
I've been thinking about whether we should be more strict with what is placed in the civilization categories. For example, does the Silk Road page really belong in the Chinese category?
The point of the category is to find all units and buildings unique to the Chinese in the games, like the Steppe Rider and the Confusian Academy. I don't see why maps, campaigns, and that sort of thing should be placed in the same category. Similarly, the German Brigade in AoEIII doesn't really have anything to do with the Germans - it's a Chinese Consulate shipment that they happen to receive if they pick the Germans.
- I saw you added Barbarossa to the Germans category. I'm not sure that's appropriate, since he's a Teuton hero, not a German - I don't think there was a Germany during his lifetime. And should heroes really be placed in civilization categories? They don't appear during regular gameplay.Narve (talk) 15:02, April 28, 2015 (UTC)
I was really bored, sorry. And caffenated.
Name of DS pages[edit source]
I saw you started to create pages for the DS units and civs. That's good, but I think "Age of Empires: The Age of Kings DS" is a bit too long to include in the title of every single page. What about "Age of Kings DS" or "The Age of Kings DS"? So that would mean the Longbowman article would be called "Longbowman (The Age of Kings DS)", for example. It's short, but also unmistakeable. If
It's also harder to mistype. In the Britons page, you have "(Age_of_Empires:_The_age_of_Kings_DS)" for the first longbowman link, but "(Age_of_Empires:_The_Age_of_Kings_DS)" for the second - notice the uncapitalized A in the first link, which means they will lead to different pages.
Eagle scout-bonus vs. cavalry[edit source]
I noticed we disagree about a bonus the eagle scout has vs. cavalry. I did some in-game testing in an unofficial forgotten expansion, and there is no bonus. Also on this site if you put your mouse on the 4 attack, you'll see only a bonus vs. monks and siege.
Secondly it might differ in the different official version. However I think it should be noted how much the bonus is, if it is there.
There really is not, I've tested this in the Scenario Editor and noted that even against cavalry units that do not have hack armor (Scout Cavalry and Camel) an Eagle Scout would always inflict a flat damage score of 4. While Eagle Scouts can usually beat Scout Cavalries in single combat, they tend to suck, badly at that, against pretty much every other kind of mounted units you can think of.
I own every expansion of the game and Steam updates it regularly so I can confirm that this data is accurate as of the latest build.
That One Freeman 08:16, November 16, 2015 (UTC)
Right thanks. I'll put more effort into conforming to existent structure. I didn't realise there were guidelines available, I'll consult them before making additional changes. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Since no one opposed for your candidacy of sysop here, you have been promoted to an administrator. Well done!
|Congratulations! For your outstanding work in the Age of Empires Series wiki, you have been awarded the status of a sysop. As a sysop, you will now be able to:
Thank you for your active contribution to this wiki. Your dedication in improving this gaming encyclopedia is greatly appreciated.
Civilization categories[edit source]
- Hi! Since you didn't really give an answer to my core question (or maybe you were just okay with it?), please check out my blog once more and post if you disagree with us. Thanks! MasterBroccoli (talk) 15:37, January 27, 2017 (UTC)
Main Page Updates[edit source]
- By now, you should have noticed that our main page has just undergone several new tweaks, namely, new polls & introduction of new colors. I'm sure you are well aware that our that our Featured Article, Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger, and Did You Know...? sections are outdated and needs new content after many years of neglect & what not. What I plan to do over the next few weeks or so is to get together with other admins & update or replace these sections with more user friendly information that doesn't need consistent weekly or monthly updating. For example, we could replace these outdated sections with new portals designated for the expansions for the entire age of empires series. Let me know what you think, & if you have any ideas that comes to mind.
Your Comments[edit source]
Hello! I noticed more than just once that you tend to use offensive language to other members of the community (like most recently here). Please refrain from using such language. As admins, it is our job to keep things friendly and help other members of the community. If you disagree with someone or someone else uses offensive language, please argue in a positively encouraging way. I know you never applied to be an admin, but now that you are I would really appreciate if you behaved in a way everybody here should. Thanks! MasterBroccoli (talk) 13:13, March 1, 2017 (UTC)
Hello Papermaniac, I'm not a new member in here but I'm start to activity in here for nearly 3 months. I just want to be a normal user (not "frivolous commentator" anymore), hope if something incorect, hope you could help me (especially my bad grammars, hope it don't make you angry)
P.s: you could explain why Vietnamese lack Blast Furnace is balancing? I read in page they already lack much important units such as Siege Ram, Onager,... (I never played AoE2 HD yet, I just watched video so don't know much). I said that due to in the history, our Vietnamese very good about hand-to-hand combat.
Hope you answer on my talk page.
New Wiki Manager[edit source]
I'm Tephra, the new Fandom Wiki Manager for the Age of Empires Series Wiki. I am here to help the community and be your liaison to Fandom. If you need anything, feel free to contact me and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
◄► Tephra ◄► 18:56, May 15, 2019 (UTC)
Deleted comments[edit source]
Could you explain why you deleted these two comments: 1 and 2? I can't see anything objectionable about either of them. He's not insulting people that disagree with him (at least not in the two deleted comments) or anything like that, just expressing an opinion.Narve (talk) 18:38, August 23, 2019 (UTC)
Just a quick note: changelogs should contain both the "before" and "after" states of the changes. For example, in this edit, you say that the Genoese Crossbowman reload time is reduced from 3 to 2. The wiki standard is to phrase it like this - the Genoese Crossbowman has a reload time of 3 in The Forgotten and 2 in the Definitive Edition. This way, it's easier for readers to trace the state of changes.Narve (talk) 19:39, November 20, 2019 (UTC)
Alphabetical order[edit source]
Hi! Please remember, we list all civilizations in Age of Empires II alphabetically. In your recent edits, you didn't do that, so when adding further bonuses or else, please fill in the new one correctly. MasterBroccoli (talk) 10:09, November 29, 2019 (UTC)
Image names[edit source]
Hi! Thanks for uploading a few new images for the technology trees. However, you did not name them according to our policy. Please keep in mind that the game abbreviation always goes at the end, never at the beginning of the name. That way, they can be found much quicker. Therefore, I will rename the images and ask you to follow the pattern I use should you add more images. MasterBroccoli (talk) 16:01, December 10, 2019 (UTC)
Please don't delete information just because you disagree with it. (Talking about your removal of the Portuguese from the Trash unit page)
As Viper once said: With the Feitoria and gold cost reduction everything becomes somwhat of a trash unit for that civ. This aspect is very relevant to the article in question.
Custom Tech Tree icons[edit source]
So I notice you made a custom tech tree for the Polynesians (I'm guessing WIP), and I'm planning to create custom DE tech tree icons (i.e. this kind of icon) for my Tibetan civ concept. What do you think the approximate font type and font size would be for those DE tech tree icons. Dark Paladin X (talk) 22:14, July 25, 2020 (UTC)
Analyziing my Tibetan civ concept from a gameplay perspective[edit source]
So I wanted to finish writing up the strategy section for the Tibetan civ concept and I want get a few feedback on how you would play this civilization judging by the tech tree, unique unit, and their unique techs (i.e. what civilizations will synergize well with them in team games, how would you play this civilization from Dark Age to Imperial Age, their situational advantages and disadvantages, their favorable and unfavorable matchups). I want to make this as authentic as possible when I try to share this to T90Official as an April Fools joke. The reason I asked because you did a strategy section for your Polynesians civ concept and I want to get some insight from a gameplay perspective. Dark Paladin X (talk) 23:14, September 26, 2020 (UTC)