Hi! Could you please move the page 'Wheelbarrow' to 'Wheelbarrow (Age of Empires II)'?
Because there is an Age of Mythology Wheelbarrow as well.
Yesterday you changed my edit on the Indians. I think I am right and I want to explain why. At least I want to make clear that the article is not very understandable as it now is.
It is about the civ bonus of cheaper villagers. We first should agree that in the Forgotten that bonus was already present and needs to be listed. I think we should both agree to that.
Now if I read the page and look for the Forgotten civ. bonusses, How am I supposed to now that the bonus for the forgotten? Well, maybe it is in the 5% less after the change in AK. When I read that I thougt the 5% had to do with the number 10,15,20 and 25 who differ all by 5%. I do not think this is the best way of listing it. To my opinion one might think that the bonus does not exist in the Forgotten after reading the page. Maybe I am just not seeing something, but this arem my views about it.
Similar to other civs, like italians, if you have a bonus it should(to my opinion) be listed initially and the changes should be listed below. In case of the Indians you have to look at the changes in the forgotten and use that information to conclude there is a third bonus in the Forgotten. Please let me know how you think about it after giving it a second thought. Lord Vipertooth (talk) 06:35, May 31, 2016 (UTC)
Very good that we talk about it, because in fact, I am unsure there, either. To clarify: In the civilization bonus section (of units, also (!)) we should first list the initial version and then add the changes later on? Because I dealt with it differently so far.. I will work on the changes tabbers in the near future, anyway, so it would be great to have consensus there. Thanks for bringing it up!
- It might be a good idea to create a blog post or something to start a discussion on the subject.Narve (talk) 15:24, June 1, 2016 (UTC)
I've noticed a distinct lack of image categories on this wiki. There's a sizeable number of images, particularly in the form of icons, and yet none of them seem to be organized accordingly. Should this be done or should the matter be left alone? Kimarous (talk) 06:50, June 6, 2016 (UTC)
- I've been aware of that issue for some time, but haven't been sure whether we should do anything about it. I guess we could start organizing them.Narve (talk) 18:16, June 6, 2016 (UTC)
- I was thinking of at least starting with Age of Mythology images, organizing subcategories like "Myth Unit icons", "God power icons", "God portraits", and the like into a central "Age of Mythology images" category, which of course links to the central Images index. That at least seems like a reasonable and relatively easy place to start. Kimarous (talk) 19:21, June 6, 2016 (UTC)
- On a slightly different but image related note: I apologize if this sounds like a stupid question (I'm treading lightly due to an unrelated but recent suspension elsewhere), but given the formatting of the Age of Mythology pages having small icons next to their links, is it worth going through older pages and applying said icons to other pages (for example, the overall *Period* Age pages)? Kimarous (talk) 23:00, June 6, 2016 (UTC)
So,Are you really from norway,I'm from bosnia
Thanks for cleaning up the paragraph I added on the Shennong page. That fraction of a sentence that jumped next to the "stub" box really bugged me.
I noticed that too. I have no idea how that keeps happening but it's driving me nuts. I'll be extra careful in future posts and see if I can prevent it.
No I haven't been working in a private window, I just open Firefox and open the wiki as normal. I saw the problem with part of the category text missing and attempted to fix it myself but had too much difficulty. Sorry. It may be safer to type in Microsoft Word and pasting directly in the wiki instead.
Hi Narve. I decided to finally create the Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds wiki on a whim, using your suggestion http://swgb.wikia.com/ as its adress. You would be very welcome as admin and contributor.
secretive message to NARVE Edit
I was looking in some AoM content lately. I remember some tech which whose effect was different depending on the page you look at. One example is Tundering Hoves, it has a different effect on the page of the god Freyda, and when the page of the Valkyrie is visited, the tech is not showed there at all. Also the effects on the Jarl are badly described. I haven´t played AoM myself, so I leave it to you to edit it. Lord Vipertooth (talk) 17:53, September 11, 2016 (UTC)
- Good point. I'll see which page has the correct info.
There is a Black Rider in Age of Empires and of Age of Empires III. I get that the AoE version is not of such importance, still I think the Black Rider page should be a disambiguation pointing at the corresponding articles. So if you don't disagree, please move the Black Rider page to Black Rider (Age of Empires III) so there can be a disambiguation page.
Thank you very much! :)
- I've moved the page and created a disambig. Actually, the AoEIII unit was located at "Black Rider (Age of Empires III)" until 2013, but was moved by one of the other admins. Can't remember why, though.Narve (talk) 16:09, September 27, 2016 (UTC)
Re: Featured: Edit
Thank you so much for the relevant information you gave to me I will make sure to try and do those things you told me to do on my talk page. Thank you.
I just created a 'new' infobox, AoEIIHero. It's basically the AoEIIUnits Test infobox, but just with two sections cut out and a line added, to fit the heroes and cheat units of the game (since the removed sections are obviously always empty for those units). However, the infobox does not work. When I fill and preview it, it's just gone, not shown at all. Do you have any idea why that might be? And if yes, could you fix it? I can hardly imagine it to be a formatting error on my part, since I really just copied the working infobox down.
- It wasn't gone, it was just placed very far down the page. You were missing the end tag "|}". I've fixed it now.Narve (talk) 18:14, October 11, 2016 (UTC)
Thank you very much!
New way to display expansion stats Edit
I've been a bit bothered with the way the wiki displays different unit stats for the base game/expansions in the unit stats box, the tooltip template can easily be overlooked, and it becomes problematic with units who had more changes or whose stats are just a bit more complex in general (E.g. the eagle line, mangudai etc.). I thought the Tabber could be a good solution to that and played around with it a bit to make it look decent: http://ageofempires.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Jineapple/Testing_some_new_layouts
- I like it. It is moore noticeable, and it looks like it works well on mobiles as well (the current tooltip solution doesn't seem to handle mobiles too well). But that's a community desicion. You should write something on the blog asking people to leave comments.Narve (talk) 18:14, October 11, 2016 (UTC)
Age of Empires units.
I am wondering about the way pages for units in Age of Empires are set up. Some units have a list of civ bonusses, while others haven´t. Furthermore, some ROR civ bonusses seem to be lacking at some page, especially macedonian ones, as their bonusses affect nearly all units.
So I was a little wondering, what is the standard for those pages? Because of the huge number of pages it affects, maybe it could be reasonable to start a blog about it.
- There isn't really a standard, though I agree that if we list civ bonuses for some units, we should list them for all of them (including RoR bonuses). Feel free to start a blog post and get some feedback on it.Narve (talk) 20:24, November 2, 2016 (UTC)
Dude. They are not called Berry Bushes, they are called Forage Bushes. People call them berries because that's literally what they have on them. 188.8.131.52 19:53, December 5, 2016 (UTC)
- You're right about the name. My memory played tricks on me. I've fixed it now.Narve (talk) 20:17, December 5, 2016 (UTC)
Age of Empires II HD: Rise of the RajasEdit
Hello Narve there is a long time I didn't contribute here. let's be prepared to create the pages and changes needed for this new expansion, so maybe the community will need to have a section in the menus for this. Rise of the Rajas is coming very soon a great christmas surprise I could say. What is your opinion about this new expansion?. Papermaniac (talk) 02:43, December 17, 2016 (UTC)
- Welcome back. I've added the expansion to the navigation bar at the top now. The expansion certainly looks interesting, and I like the fact that they've kept quiet about it until now - make a functional expansion first, and announce it afterwards. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.Narve (talk) 07:24, December 17, 2016 (UTC)
Imperial Skirm Edit
Hi. I have just added image galery to the Imperial Skirmisher page by using Classic Editor. But after I finished editing the page, suddenly the unit infobox & categories are disappearing (but the source code is still there). I've tried to edit it manually with the new editor, but it doesn't work. Can you help me to fix it? Anadara (talk) 11:53, December 22, 2016 (UTC)
Harbor, UU Edit
Hey Narve, it's me again.
I want to ask two things:
Could you please move the page Harbor to Harbor (Age of Empires III) so that the Harbor page can be a diambiguation, now that the AoE II Harbor was introduced?
And could you please change the name of the category page Unique units to Unique Units? It's been bothering me for quite a while that the capital letter is missing there since all the other categories have capital letters.
- I moved the page, but I'm not sure we need a "Harbor (Age of Empires III)" page at all (or a page for any of the other Home City buildings). Maybe we should consider deleting it and moving the AoEII page to "Harbor". At any rate, you can move the page yourself by using the arrow next to the "Edit" button and clicking "Rename".
- I can't move categories. The pages will have to be manually recategorized.Narve (talk) 15:40, December 22, 2016 (UTC)
Hey thanks for your answer. I don't know much about AoE III, so that's a decision others should make, but I wouldn't mind to have the Harbor page all for AoE II. :P
About the renaming.. The rename button may be there for you as admin, but it's not there for me. :P
- Are you sure? I just created a new test account, and used it to move the "Harbor (Age of Empires III)" page back to "Harbor" (and then reversed it).
- Take a look at the image. Is that button not available for you?17:43, December 22, 2016 (UTC)
Ah okay I didn't explain myself properly. I can change the name of any article (thanks for your effort and testing that, btw :)), but I would like the name of the category page Unique units to be changed into Unique Units (capital letter). That I cannot do. For category pages, the rename button is not available for me.
- Categories can't be renamed. We'll have to change the category at every single page, delete the Category:Unique units page, and recreate it at Category:Unique Units.Narve (talk) 18:08, December 22, 2016 (UTC)
- It's probably possible to get a bot to do the recategorizing bit, but I don't know how to do that.Narve (talk) 18:10, December 22, 2016 (UTC)
Ah that explains it, thanks for the answer, that's good to know. But too bad, I'd have liked to have an easier way, since I don't know how to use a bot, either.
Edit: I just saw you gave the answer much earlier. I didn't notice that last line. Sorry for the hassle.
I moved all the pages now. Could you please delete the page Category:Unique units, since it is empty now? As far as I know I cannot delete pages.
- Sure. I removed the link from your post, as it would otherwise show up on the Wanted Pages list.Narve (talk) 22:20, December 24, 2016 (UTC)
RE: war academy Edit
I've looked into it and it turns out I got myself mixed up. The way I get my information is as follows: since I don't own my own copy of the game, I have to ask permission to my brother to play the game while they're out either at their movie night or out playing Magic with my other 2 brothers. In my haste to write down notes from the game before they return, I must've gotten barracks mixed up with war academy (I have poor handwriting). I did thought it was strange that barracks was written in the tech list prior to me creating the pages but I thought it was just something copied and pasted and never corrected until now. In any case I'll take the time to fix this so you can have a happy holiday without having to do it for me.
Promotion to Bureaucrat Edit
Hi Narve. I hope you have a wonderful holiday. I just came back after several years of inactivity, & I’m impressed on how active you are. Although I do check this wiki from time to time, I doubt I can continue to devote myself to this wiki & performing administrative activities like I used to. I had known you for some time, so I’m interested in promoting you to a bureaucrat. I should have done this a long time ago, but it is never too late to finish what you got to do. With this position, you can promote other dedicated users like MasterBroccoli & Papermaniac to sysop, as well as from sysop to bureaucrat. Let me know what you think, & happy new year!
- 00:15, December 27, 2016 (UTC)
Since no one opposed your candidacy of bureaucrat here, you have been promoted to a bureaucrat. Well done! Since you are much more active than me, I hope other users will continue to look up to you in place of me when I'm not here. Good luck!
|Congratulations! For your outstanding work in the Age of Empires Series wiki, you have been awarded the status of a bureaucrat. As a bureaucrat, you will now be able to:
Thank you for your active contribution to this wiki. Your dedication in improving this gaming encyclopedia is greatly appreciated.
Deleting your own blog postsEdit
- As said in the here in the Notes section, the Relic is 'teleported' back to the place where it entered the Transport Ship. That is for AoE II. I don't know about AoM, though. MasterBroccoli (talk) 17:36, January 8, 2017 (UTC)
In my latest edit I removed the text ´Their descendants are the Russians.´ from the Slavs page. As I commented on my edit, I find it misleading as the Russians are not their only descendants. I looked up who added this text and where it came from, it is added by Ralph Martin´s latest edit. I saw you removed the unneccary boldings in one of your edits. I think I did the right thing by removing it, but if you disagree, you can add it again. I just wanted to let you know. Lord Vipertooth (talk) 15:43, January 25, 2017 (UTC)
New categories Edit
Hello, I am new to this wikia, I want to contribute as much as I can. My favourite "Age of" games are all Age of Empires II games and Age of Mythology (the original, not the HD version).
Seeing as how the games have covered much of the entire world, I was wondering whether it would be a good idea to list groups of civilisations in new categories, similarly to how Middle Eastern and Far Eastern civilisations are included in their own categories. For example the Byzantines, Greeks, Macedonians, Minoans, Portuguese, Spanish and Portuguese and anything related to them could be included a "Mediterranean Civilisations" category.
Also, I was wondering whether new pages could be created about continents (similarly to the New World page), where civilisations from all 4 games could be included. Would that be okay or way too impractical?
- Personally, I don't think either of those things are good ideas. In fact, I'm not too keen on the "Middle Eastern" and "Far Eastern" categories, either. This wiki is meant to be about the Age of Empires games, and anything that's not gameplay-related doesn't really belong here.
- However, if you want to do this, I suggest you start a blog post and try to see if other people agree with you, and to work out the scope (as in, which regions should get categories/pages, which civs should be placed in them, and what info should be included).Narve (talk) 19:02, January 26, 2017 (UTC)
What do you mean by 'fixed links' when the links we put in already work fine? :/
- They work, but they're not formatted correctly. Links to Cavaliers, for example, should look like this: [[Cavalier]]s, not like this: [[Cavalier|Cavaliers]]. We only use piping when necessary for disambiguation (like [[Halberdier (Age of Empires II)|Halberdiers]]) or when adding an "s" at the end doesn't work (like [[Two-Handed Swordsman|Two-Handed Swordsmen]])..
Main Page UpdatesEdit
- By now, you should have noticed that our main page has just undergone several new tweaks, namely, new polls & introduction of new colors. I'm sure you are well aware that our that our Featured Article, Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger, and Did You Know...? sections are outdated and needs new content after many years of neglect & what not. What I plan to do over the next few weeks or so is to get together with other admins & update or replace these sections with more user friendly information that doesn't need consistent weekly or monthly updating. For example, we could replace these outdated sections with new portals designated for the expansions for the entire age of empires series. Let me know what you think, & if you have any ideas that comes to mind.
Hello again, I took your advice into consideration while working on some missions' screenshots (for example, I used the Paint program to make a proper, in-game screenshot of the Tamarisk Tree), but I still have a persisting problem: I can't remove those annoying AoM and Ensemble Studios watermarks. I did try to use the Print button, but instead, nothing happened, with only CTRL + F12 working. Do you know a way to get past this problem, or some dependable, virus-free program I can rely on?
- Hm, that's odd. Did you press the Print Screen button, open Paint, and tehn paste into Paint? Because Print Screen doesn't create a separate file. But no, I don't know of any programs you can use.Narve (talk) 05:39, February 14, 2017 (UTC)
- Solved the problem at last... it was a mistake on my part, now it works properly :) I'll start updating scenarios soon!
- Kran96 (talk) 15:55, February 15, 2017 (UTC)Kran96
Regarding the Babylonian/Strategy edit, Stagnates takes an "s" in this context because the subject is "the Food production" which is third person singular.
Also, I don't know how to make a signature. XP What is the signature button? Thank you.
- Yes, but it says "Food production WILL stagnate", so there's no S. And you sign by typing four tildes (like this: ~~~~.Narve (talk) 17:01, February 14, 2017 (UTC)