If you feel like improving more articles, but not sure which one you want to improve, then try the Random Page button! Also, every wiki has two list of articles that need help, called "Stubs" and "Wanted Articles". Don't be shy, be bold!
Image names Edit
Hello. It's great to see your recent contributions to the wiki, but I have one small request: when you upload a file to the wiki, please give it a descriptive name. For example, in the Tower of Odin article, the images are called " Screenshot (289)" and "Screenshot (292)". Calling them "Tower of Odin campaign" and "Tower of Odin editor" or something like that would be more descriptive.Narve (talk) 11:27, August 18, 2019 (UTC)
Thank you, that was just the default name of the files when I took them ;) Will do in the future... Felixrr (talk) 11:37, August 18, 2019 (UTC)
Off-topic here, but could you please do something about the front page? It currently says we have -1 active editors...Felixrr (talk) 14:29, August 18, 2019 (UTC)
- I couldn't get the correct figure to appear (it appears the NUMBEROFACTIVEUSERS function is broken), but I've removed the wrong number, at least.Narve (talk) 16:15, August 19, 2019 (UTC)
- Oh, ok. I thought it was broken somehow... thx Felixrr (talk) 16:32, August 19, 2019 (UTC)
Technology page Edit
Hi! To save you unnecessary work I recommend you don't add any more myth technologies to the Technology (Age of Mythology) page as we usually just link to the main page in cases like this. If you disagree there, leave a comment on the page, I already left one. MasterBroccoli (talk) 19:44, August 18, 2019 (UTC)
Ok, agreed. Felixrr (talk) 19:49, August 18, 2019 (UTC)
Attack bonuses in Age of MythologyEdit
Yesterday, I realised something. The bonuses listed here previously weren't incorrect, they just meant something else...
Let's take the Turma for example: it has 4 base pierce damage PER SECOND, which you can see in-game (which I thought meant PER ATTACK). However, it only attacks once every two seconds, dealing 4 dps x 2s = 8 damage. This made it look to me like it had a 2x dmg multiplier against most units, while in reality it is just attacking with a higher base attack.
It also explains why some of the numbers were oddly specific, like a 3.6 multiplier for the Kraken. Their odd rate of fire did this.
Should I revert the changes I did (I think it's like 15-20 pages)? I personally think one can see it a bit better with the multipliers I've made, since rate of fire isn't listed anywhere so raw numbers don't tell you all that much. With my multipliers the damage per shot of any unit can be counted easily...Felixrr (talk) 07:55, August 19, 2019 (UTC)
- I think the changes should be reverted, and the ROF listed. It's what we do for all other games. If you use the universal infobox (which in the long run should be used on all unit pages anyway), you can easily list the ROF. MasterBroccoli (talk) 08:21, August 19, 2019 (UTC)
OkFelixrr (talk) 08:32, August 19, 2019 (UTC)
Adding categories Edit
Hi! Please stop adding the category Military technologies to pages where it is redundant. Note that Infantry technologies, Cavalry technologies, etc. are subcategories of the Military technologies category, so adding it to pages that are already in one of the subcategories is redundant and wrong. I recommend you familiarize yourself with our category guide. Thanks! MasterBroccoli (talk) 10:11, October 19, 2019 (UTC)
Hi, sorry :'( I will read the guide... Is there a reason why the categories can't be edited once they are saved? I could fix a lot of mistakes I've made like this...
Felixrr (talk) 10:23, October 19, 2019 (UTC)
- No need to apologize. Some of the edits were correct and the category was actually missing. But I think reading the guide can help avoid mistakes like this in the future. If you have any questions there, feel free to ask me. Changing categories is a difficult endeavor. Bottom line is they cannot be changed. All we can do is delete categories (or remove them from pages) and add a new one. Even small changes such as correcting typos or capitalization cannot be changed but must be replaced. However, as this is tedious to do manually, we have bots that can help there. MasterBroccoli (talk) 10:36, October 19, 2019 (UTC)
Ok, thanks... I asked because I've recently started editing articles on wikipedia and the categories there can be added, changed or removed from an article rather easily.
Felixrr (talk) 11:07, October 19, 2019 (UTC)
- You can change/remove categories in the section in the lower right of the edit window (below the "Publish" button).Narve (talk) 18:25, October 19, 2019 (UTC)
- I knew it had to be somewhere, thank you so much ;) Felixrr (talk) 20:51, October 19, 2019 (UTC)
Your recent edit to Into China Edit
- I just tested this in HD and DE; Engineers must be defeated in HD, but not DE. I've reinstated the edit with a DE note. I'll also test it in the CD version, pre-1.0b, and The Age of Kings, but I'm pretty sure they must be defeated there as well.Narve (talk) 06:35, July 14, 2020 (UTC)
- Thank you for your answer Narve :); I wasn't at my computer yesterday. Yes, I played on DE. --Felixrr (talk) 06:43, July 15, 2020 (UTC)