Small note Edit
That was an excellent addition to the "Hunted" page, but just a few notes: pages are supposed to be written in the third person, so don't use the word "you", use "the player" or something similar (this is actually a very common mistake around here, but should still be avoided). And the names of units, buildings, and technologies are usually capitalized - so it's Crossbowmen, Spearmen, and Cavalry Archers, not crossbowmen, spearmen, and cavalry archers.
- I just read through your edit again, and wanted to let you know - that was truly an excellent edit. I hope you'll continue to contribute here.Narve (talk) 07:40, November 21, 2015 (UTC)
- hey, thanks for the feedback. yeah i wasn't really sure what style to use, so i checked the first mission of the Joan of Arc campaign and it was written in second person so i thought imma go with that, i'll consider your advice next time. if somebody starts with a layout for the second scenario of the sundjata campaign, i can add a walkthrough for it as well Blappp (talk) 00:00, November 25, 2015 (UTC)
Yeah sure man, I just finished the Tariq campaign and felt I could help create the pages. I was planning to make all 5 pages in sequence. But I haven't played the other 3 campaigns so you can go ahead and make pages for them. :-) Also, if you find any mistake or want to add anything else to the Tariq scenario pages, you're most welcome to do so. Yazora shoukou (talk) 11:51, December 6, 2015 (UTC)
Camel Units Edit
Hello! Please do not link the Camelry page yet. I think we have to rename it and it makes extra work relinking all articles. Also, Camel is not a unit class, so all camel units are cavalry by class. We just need to relink the attack bonus section. MasterBroccoli (talk) 17:55, January 18, 2017 (UTC)
- Yes i thought so too, that's why i made a blog post to get opinions on the topic before creating more work, check it out. Blappp (talk) 17:58, January 18, 2017 (UTC)
Town Center vs Camels EditHey! I'm confused, Town Centers don't get an attack bonus against Camels, or am I missing something? I checked with Genie, the TC only has regular pierce attack, and no attack bonus (see picture).
- hey, i tested it in the scenario editor, a town center with 1 villager in it attacking any camel unit does 6 instead of the listed 5 damage (save for the camel archer, which has +1 bonus defense and pierce armor so it did the expected 4). everything without upgrades Blappp (talk) 18:09, January 20, 2017 (UTC)
Armor Classes Edit
- hi, the term "special armor" wasn't invented by me, it was already in the template and included non-zero armor class armors, like the cataphract's +12 vs. anti-cavalry, so i thought the name was agreed upon before i joined the wiki, so i simply changed the template to make the "special armor" entry link to "armor class". i don't know who made the original template, but it would be easier to change the template entry from "special armor" to "armor class" than to change it in every unit page box, as we don't need the "special armor" entry anymore, if that's ok with the original template creator Blappp (talk) 19:27, January 21, 2017 (UTC)
I was the one who did that. At that time it was just important to me to list the extra armor. With out new system, armor classes is the better term. And I rather change all the infoboxes than to have a misleading term there, I don't mind the effort. MasterBroccoli (talk) 04:38, January 22, 2017 (UTC)
- i'm not sure we were talking about the same thing here. for testing purposes i changed the template to make the infobox say "bonus armor" when filling the "SArmor" section in the form so in the infobox itself the name isn't misleading anymore (for the reader) and it is automatically changed on every unit page. if you meant it is confusing for other editors, when adding the infobox to new pages, that the category is called "SArmor", now there are two lines in the form, "SArmor" and the new "Armor Classes" you added, which both say "Armor Classes" like it [was previously, maybe it was another template?] with "Armor" and "Armour", which both displayed in the infobox simply as "armor" and are just american and british english respectively. if you don't like my change to the template, imma revert it and change every infobox manually, although i'd prefer the template change Blappp (talk) 11:10, January 22, 2017 (UTC)
I don't mind your change, but I think it is better to change the infoboxes, it has to be done anyway, because right now there are a lot of formatting errors with the tt function. Also, I don't like this vs thing, I think it is better to just list the armor classes. And since that has to be done, I prefer putting the template into a better form. MasterBroccoli (talk) 11:27, January 22, 2017 (UTC)
- hey, i've been rather busy this week, so i didn't really have time for the wiki, sorry. i see the changes are done already (for all units?). is there anything else to do now, regarding armor classes? Blappp (talk) 10:05, January 27, 2017 (UTC)
Units and buildings are taken care of armor class-wise (all of them). I believe there is nothing else to do for now. The armor class pages are also all complete and fully linked. MasterBroccoli (talk) 13:53, January 27, 2017 (UTC)
- alright, then thanks a lot for all your work for this project. Blappp (talk) 16:15, January 27, 2017 (UTC)
Since no one opposed your candidacy for moderator here for a week, you have been promoted. Well done!
|Congratulations! For your outstanding work in the Age of Empires Series wiki, you have been awarded the status of a moderator. As a moderator, you will now be able to:
Thank you for your active contribution to this wiki. Your dedication in improving this gaming encyclopedia is greatly appreciated.
Hey, I was curious about something: How did you come up with the name Blappp? It's really unique, but yet so simple.
- Hey, I didn't really think much about it, it's just a random sound that came to my mind, and the one with fewer
ps was already taken, so i added another
p, it was a matter of seconds, no in-depth thought process or anything, so the backstory isn't very interesting, sorry to disapoint you :p Also, I don't have a standard name I use everywhere, when I register on a page or a game, I use rather random names Blappp (talk) 09:33, April 21, 2017 (UTC)
Hi! You recently created the patches category, which is a great idea (addressing the patches in general), thanks for that! Just two things: It is generally agreed that categories are always named in the plural form, so 'Patches' instead of 'Patch'. Also, I personally disagree with the expansion packs going in there, as they really are no patches as such, but new games with enough new content to demand money for them. Sure, the game version has a new number just like a patch and there are bug fixes and balancing enhancements as well (naturally), but expansion packs offer much more and shouldn't be placed on the same level with patches. What do you think? MasterBroccoli (talk) 17:05, May 18, 2017 (UTC)
- Just for the record, I agree with MasterBroccoli - expansions and patches don't really belong in the same category.Narve (talk) 18:04, May 18, 2017 (UTC)
- Hey, thanks for the feedback. I see that patches and expansions are two different things, my intention when including the main expansion pages in the patch(es) category was for someone who looks for all the changes over the time to easily find them, but I'm not 100% set on them, so feel free to remove them. About the name of the category, plural it is then, imma change it once the expansion thing is resolved. Blappp (talk) 10:30, May 19, 2017 (UTC)
- I noticed that there's a new patch out there (5.4, since 20.6.2017), so the issue of the category name is coming up again. I noticed that categories can't be renamed, since there are currently only 2 pages in the category it wouldn't be much of a deal to just delete the category and create a new one ( singular,[[Category:Patch]]), but it's poor style, does anybody know a more elegant solution? Blappp (talk) 09:27, September 6, 2017 (UTC)
Would you be interested in promotion to admin? I have already created a nomination for you. X~Calibur95 told me before he left that he wanted you to be promoted. UnofficialGameExpert78 (talk) 13:37, December 14, 2017 (UTC)
- Hi, thank you for your confidence in me and nominating me for Administrator, I am really flattered. While I never sought the position of Administrator (or even Moderator for that matter), I hope I can fulfill what is expected of me (I have to check out my newfound powers). Blappp (talk) 23:01, January 8, 2018 (UTC)
Source on the Slower Yamato cavalry before RoR? Edit
None of the game materials I've seen other than this page ever alluded to such a thing, and testing with original AoE did not show a speed difference. What's your source on that? AKFrost (talk) 15:16, April 19, 2018 (UTC)
AoE Vietnamese Edit
I'm the one "complaint" about the Le Loi's campaign last year as there was no page yet; thanks a lot anyway. I'm a Vietnamese teenager. I'll try my best to help the Vietnamese pages.
NguyenAnhLam (talk) 18:35, January 21, 2020 (UTC)