If you feel like improving more articles, but not sure which one you want to improve, then try the Random Page button! Also, every wiki has two list of articles that need help, called "Stubs" and "Wanted Articles". Don't be shy, be bold!
== Tree Pages == Hello! First of all, thank you for the numerous contributions you have done here in the last couple of weeks, they are appreciated. About the topic at hand: Kran96 stated that the trees are indeed called what you named them when you made the pages in the first place. And the general consensus here is to name pages exactly like the described counterpart in-game. That being said, the pages should not be renamed. If you still feel the name should be changed, feel free to create a blog and ask the community how they think about that.
One thing about moving pages in general: Please do not move pages by deleting a page and copying the content into a new page. That deletes the page history. Pages can be renamed. I'm not sure if only admins can do that, but in the drop-down menu where you also find a page's history there is a button called 'Rename' exactly for that purpose. If you cannot do that, please ask any admin here for help if you ever want to move a page. MasterBroccoli (talk) 13:17, July 7, 2017 (UTC)
You were asked to create a blog and start a community discussion before renaming pages. You've now renamed the pages without starting a discussion. Please don't do this (and no, MasterBroccoli did not give you permission to move the pages, he told you how to do it once the discussion was over).Narve (talk) 20:07, July 9, 2017 (UTC)
Hello again! Please refrain yourself from creating new tree-related (or renaming existing ones) pages until a decision concerning the names has been made. Feel free to voice your opinion in the corresponding blog. MasterBroccoli (talk) 06:18, July 10, 2017 (UTC)
Hello Balochistan, I've noticed you've uploaded a lot images to the wiki, which in itself isn't a bad thing, but your method is questionable. Why are you uploading AoE3 icons/portraits in a mix of GIF, PNG and JPG, why are some of them untitled, why do they differ in shape and size, and why are some of them not assigned to their respective page? Here are a few general tips/guideline:
- The GIF image format is almost only used for small looping videos, as it is a low quality format for images.
- The PNG image format the preferred format for most things, especially icons, as it has the best quality for images.
- The JPG image format is okay, but generally only used for game screenshots.
- Uploaded images should have an identifiable file name to make it easier to find.
- In the case of AoE3 icons/portraits specifically, the resolution should be 128 x 128. It is also preferable if you use a tool like AoE3Ed to extract the icons/portraits from the game's files to maximize their quality.
- Don't upload images if you don't plan on putting them on a page in the relative future.
You left this comment of the Horse page:
"Nick069 go get something better to do, your icon pictures are too large and stop ruining others peoples hard work. I am sick and tired of you taking away my icon pictures. Go make your own pages"
First of all I'm not ruining anything, I'm improving articles you have modified, that's the point of a Wiki: people working off each other and together to create a database. The pictures you have uploaded were in GIF format which is a format I have previously told you that you shouldn't use for icons, unless they are animated. I replaced them with much higher quality PNG pictures, they aren't simply higher quality because of the format though, your pictures were distorted and incorrectly cropped.If you think 128x128 pixels is too big for a AoE3 icon (which I personally think is not), then you can simply add something like
|thumb|64pxafter the file name to make the picture smaller. Example:
Requests for Permissions Statement Edit
Reading your comment, It appears that you are kind of mislead in your opposing statement.
- Most of, if not all of my edits are Quality > Quantity, they have not been made for the purposes of adding images, or fixing grammar, only the addition of content, 75%+ of my edits have been made of +200 characters/words/etc, also considering I have been around since 2011, that's a very long time for a Wikia dweller (I have also been around Wikia in general since 2009, under other names) as most only stay active for 2-4 years maximum.
- Moderators (If I recall correctly) have the ability to Rollback aswell, it would only be an upgrade.
- My Request was for the Purposes of preventing vandalism, such as that whole facade of that one person editing pages and replacing images with out-of-context content (i.e adding pictures of Princess Peach to the Khmer page for example) and preventing editing, and comment wars aswell, such problems are only going to increase with the release of Definitive Editions, more DLCs, and as Age of Empires IV has more content revealed, and its final release.
I am not trying to swive, or change opinions, only to provide facts, on this matter.
Morayus1 , you may be happy and celebrating for your promtion. But let me make this clear, it was partly thanks to me that you got promoted to Discussion and Content Moderator, now I have nothing against you and praise your edits as your one of the more relaxed approach editors. Had I not made the blog post of GajaMada , you would still be rollback as your request had been long overdue. Also, my intent in demoting Elpistachio was actually for the sake of drama, you were right. I had nothing against Elpistachio , I just wanted to spice things up in this wiki. You had to admit, that discussion was pretty fun, all participators were activel responding and having a great time. They definetley had fun supporting Elpistachio and I could tell the wiki did not have such a popular discussion before as they would usually be commited to the ritualistic repetitive edits. Balochistan (talk) 02:43, September 23, 2017 (UTC)
Talk Pages Edit
In the future, please refrain from removing content on talk pages like what you did here & here even if they are your own replies. Exceptions are made if they are from vandals or related sockpuppets. We often use these pages for future reference which can help admins handle disputes & resolve conflicts.
I removed the content because I regretted posting those statements and wanted to delete that. In the future, I will be careful for what I post because once you post, its out there.Balochistan (talk) 06:58, September 7, 2017 (UTC)
- Also, if you haven't noticed, the Requests for Permissions page has been revamped in light of the recent uproar & pandemonium initiated by a new user. In order for users to consider your decision, please leave a reason why you should receive that position. If you have any questions about the promotion process or if there is anything that should be improved, feel free to give me a shout out. Thanks, & happy editing!
What is the point of keeping me blocked, this is not fair. I want to appeal this, as I was about to hit the top 20 list for contributors but that has been halted and Kimoros took that spot. I was close. Balochistan (talk) 04:51, September 19, 2017 (UTC)
- If you want to appeal for a block, you must let others decide whether or not that decision is meaningful. You can create a new blog, or appeal your block here. Make sure to provide a very good yet brief reason though, since I doubt most of us are patient enough to reconsider your situation.
Also, I have a fun fact for you. I used to be #1 at the leaderboard for some time until BoazMoerman came in & took over that spot. Then, Narve came in & overtook that guy several years ago. He is also the first one in the entire wiki to exceed 10,000 edits. SHAMWOW! I should've offered a big congratulations to both of them in recognition of these achievements, but I was sort of inactive at that time. Big deal right?
- I don't think he can create a new blog while he's blocked - he'll have to appeal here. And the whole "number of edits" and "leaderboard" really isn't that big of a deal - editors should be judged by the quality of their edits, and by their interactions with others.Narve (talk) 11:04, September 20, 2017 (UTC)
- Balochistan, based on what I've read, the punishment for what you did is usually a permanent ban, but the people here have decided to give you a second chance by only banning you temporarily. Be patient, wait it out and everything will be fine.
- X~Calibur, trust me on this 100%. Narve will not remain Number 1 on this wiki for long, MasterBrocolli is skyrocketing and approaching him. Soon he will become the number 1 and a buereucrat as well. Balochistan (talk) 02:31, September 23, 2017 (UTC)
Personal photos Edit
Hello, I've noticed you've decided to remove personal information from your profile, but your personal photos, such as the one of you sitting at your computer and an other of your birthplace, are still accessible on the web site for all to see. Would you like me to delete those photos?
There are also other pictures which you previously used in your profile which aren't featured there anymore, mostly of the Raees movie, if you're not going to use them, then can I delete those too?Nick3069 (talk) 13:28, September 20, 2017 (UTC)
- Yes. 18.104.22.168 15:34, September 20, 2017 (UTC)
- Balochistan? You show up as an IP address,so I can't tell.--Nick3069 (talk) 16:28, September 20, 2017 (UTC)
- Yes, keep the Raees photos but delete the real life pictures. I don't want people to see real photos of who I am. Its not that I am scared but that is sensitive information and I don't want to google myself and see my images online 10 years later.Balochistan (talk) 02:29, September 23, 2017 (UTC)
Mr. Brocolli should become a BureaucratEdit
I nominate Master Brocolli to become an Buereucrat due to multiple reasons. We know from this fandom wikia, that Master Brocolli has contributed an extremley large amount. I very much like the fact that he is very polite in his talk pages and answers, he always starts with the greeting "Hello!" and "Hi". More to add to this, MasterBroccolli has contributed MUCH more in his time duration than Narve. That norweigan guy has been since 2012 and accumalated 14,000 edits. Master Brocolli has comitted 12,103 edits and has 9,360 Achievement points, only 300 less than Narves. Master Brocolli, if your reading this. I want you to become a bueraucrat, it is about time this wiki gets a super friendly and encouraging leader. I never had any issue or problem with him either, I believe he will handle the job better than Narve . (This is my personal opinion, and although it may seem I am hating, I have not had good talks and encounters with Narve) Balochistan (talk) 02:23, September 23, 2017 (UTC)