Update 6159 is a patch in Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition, released on November 12, 2020.
Stability and performance
- Fixed a crash that could be triggered on the postgame screen in certain circumstances.
- Fixed a crash caused by closing the game with an active multiplayer pop-up window.
- Fixed a crash caused by closing the application with an open chat room.
- Fixed a crash triggered when closing the game while units were garrisoned inside a Kallanka.
- The game will now check for available disk space when launching the game and display a warning message if less than 500 MB is free.
- Added a new warning message when the client tries to write out a Home City file to a drive that lacks the required space: #File transfer failed. Please ensure free disk space before retrying."
- Implemented safeguards against a potential crash related to the Home City Deck.
- Implemented fixes and additional checks for several out-of-sync errors.
If players are encountering any instabilities with the game, please contact the support team with any error logs generated during the process.
- Graphics settings now default to the minimum specifications to run the game.
- Updated treasure nodes to ensure that their Guardians are outlined when hidden behind the treasure structure or other buildings. Note that the Treasure itself will no longer be visible behind other structures as a result of this change.
- Removed unnecessary weight from the Marathan Catamaran to prevent it from appearing submerged beneath the water.
- Added auditory feedback sounds when interacting with sliders in the settings menu.
- Fixed an issue where the ♪ #Can't Do That" ♪ sound effect could trigger for all allied players as opposed to (exclusively) the one player to which it applied.
- Updated the size, color, and added a dark border to shipment numbers to improve their visibility in all HUD layouts.
- Increased the size of the Idle Villager banner buttons for all three HUD layouts.
- Fixed a community-reported typo of the country name, #Colombia."
- Corrected the tooltip of the Papal Guard politician to no longer reference #Royal" guards: #Crossbowmen and Pikemen reach Guard status."
- Manor: Tooltip now mentions that it spawns a Settler: #More expensive than a normal House. Spawns a Settler when built. Supports 10 population."
- Teepee: The tooltip before and after it is built is now consistent and correct.
- The profanity filter should now only filter out the part of a sentence that was deemed profane instead of the entire sentence.
- Revolt decks can no longer be copied.
- Revolt cards will be removed from users' decks when a Home City is loaded.
- Implemented a fix for units being deselected when issued a command while the Allow Conflicts (Hotkeys) option was enabled in the settings menu.
- Increased the radius in which Settlers will seek out and collect their respective resources to prevent them from idling when uncollected resources are within view.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the hunt of animals or construction of a Trading Post when directly adjacent to a Settlement.
- Added a Construct Tribal Marketplace hotkey to the Legacy ‘Building Construction Hotkeys' bindings. It is X by default.
- Added a Find Tribal Marketplace to both the Default and Legacy bindings. It is CTRL+B for Default and CTRL+X for Legacy.
- Added the Train Grenadier hotkey to the Legacy ‘Fort Hotkeys' bindings. It is unbound by default.
Several buttons will now respond to the initial press rather than the release of the button for improved responsiveness:
- Change Unit
- Home City Shipment
This addresses an issue where commands would fail to queue if performed quickly before re-focusing on another area of the game.
- Fixed an AI crash that could disrupt certain campaign scenarios, including the Bolivar's Revolt scenario.
- Fixed an issue where troops would not start garrisoned within Drake's Galleon at the start of the Raid on the Caribbean scenario.
- Town Rickshaw + 5 Villagers: Now properly respects Villager build limits.
- Maceman: Now properly gain a brief speed boost after landing an attack, like other hand infantry units.
- Inca War Chief: Increased speed from 4.25 > 4.5. Adjusted the hand attack to have a #negative" multiplier of 0.75x vs. Heroes to account for other, hidden multipliers.
- Chimu Runners: Adjusted the cost from 65 food, 35 wood > 65 food, 40 coin. This change aims to address an issue in Team Supremacy where the unit was considerably more ‘efficient' than expected after multiple wood gathering improvements had been researched. It also reduces the civilization's reliance on wood in the Treaty game mode, and should make gathering and controlling coin mines more crucial in 1v1 match-ups.
- Coca Cultivation (Big Button): Reduced the coin trickle granted to Estates from 1 c/s > 0.8c/s.
- Cloud Warriors: No longer grants Chimu Runners and Jungle Bowman increased speed while using their stealth ability.
- Town Ceremony: No longer available to the Inca.
Adjusted the Stronghold as follows:
- Removed the minimum range (was previously 6)
- Reduced the area damage from 3 > 1.5. Due to the number of projectiles fired, it remains comparable to the European Fort (which has 3 area damage).
- The damage bonus granted by garrisoned military units is now capped at 25 units rather than all 50, similar to the behavior of the Town Center.
- Sacsayhuaman: Changed benefits granted to the Stronghold from +3 range, +50% hp > +1 area damage, +50% hp.
- 4 Settlers: The Villagers delivered via the Ottoman Consulate now also grant +4 to the Villager build limit for the purposes of Treaty balance.
- Consulate: Fixed an issue where choosing to End Relations/Isolation would not properly restore unit attack damage to pre-isolation levels. Units will no longer gain a permanent (stacking) +2% increase to their damage by starting and ending relations with the Consulate.
Lobbies and matchmaking
- Improved the display of civilizations and flags on the loading screen into a ranked match.
- Fixed a rare issue where spectators could be trapped on the #Waiting for Players" screen if a player exited while the spectator loaded into the match.
- Disabled the ability to Revolt (excluding South Africa) while a Treaty is still active.
- Implemented a fix for long loading times into certain water maps with a Nomad start.
- Mods can no longer be utilized in Ranked multiplayer matches.
- Ranked game invites can no longer be extended to other players when mods are installed.
- Multiplayer is no longer accessible after installing a mod until the game has been restarted. New warning messages have been implemented when browsing through multiplayer screens while running mods.