A unique building is a special kind of building first introduced in Age of Mythology. Unique buildings are, as the name suggests, only available to a single civilization. They are available in Age of Empires II HD: The African Kingdoms, Age of Mythology, and Age of Empires III.
Age of Empires II Edit
In Age of Empires II, there are three unique buildings:
- Feitoria (Portuguese): Slowly generates resources.
- Harbor (Malay): Upgrade of Dock, shoots arrows. Requires Thalassocracy.
- Krepost (Bulgarians): Small Castle that can train Konniks but not research technologies.
Age of Mythology Edit
As there are only five civilizations in the game, there are many more differences between them. For this reason, there are quite a lot unique buildings.
- Archery Range
- Lure (available to worshipers of Poseidon)
- Military Academy
- Plenty (available to worshipers of Hephaestus)
- Underworld Passage (available to worshipers of Apollo)
- Ballista Tower
- Citadel (available to worshipers of Sekhmet)
- Citadel Wall
- Lumber Camp
- Migdol Stronghold
- Mining Camp
- Siege Works
- Dwarven Foundry (available to worshipers of Thor)
- Healing Spring (available to worshipers of Forseti)
- Hill Fort
- Bronze Wall
- Economic Guild
- Hesperides Tree (available to worshipers of Theia)
- Iron Wall
- Military Barracks
- Mirror Tower (available to worshipers of Helios)
- Orichalkos Wall
- Sky Passage (available to worshipers of Oranos)
- Tartarian Gate (available to worshipers of Hekate)
Age of Empires III Edit
While quite rare in the original Age of Empires III, with the two expansion packs unique buildings became quite a common sight.