Union is the twenty-sixth scenario of the Fall of the Trident campaign in Age of Mythology. The main objective is to rescue Forkbeard’s daughter after uniting the remaining clans of the region by performing various tasks.
When Arkantos confronts Skult over the events of the previous scenario, the old man bursts into laughter and transforms into a murder of crows, leaving behind his flag. Reginleif appears and explains to the heroes that they were tricked by Loki into showing the banner of Folstag, a giant who was pillaging the clans of the region. The trickster god has duped the local clans into fighting each other, but there may be a chance to unite these clans into fighting the nearby forces of Gargarensis instead.
- Follow the trail to the first Norse clan.
- Defeat the trolls in the mines to the north.
- Exit the mines and find the second Norse clan.
- Build five Towers near the flagged sites around this Norse village.
- Cross the river to the east to find the third clan.
- Destroy the Watch Tower to free the third clan leaders daughter.
- Arkantos (Thor) – Begins in the Classical Age with Arkantos, Ajax, Amanra, Chiron, Reginleif, three Valkyries and two Huskarls.
- Loki’s Minions (Loki) – Consists of most of the myth units encountered in this scenario and their buildings.
- Loki's Minions (Loki) - This player consists of the Underworld Passage, and the Trolls found on the beginning of this scenario.
- Blackhammer (Odin) – Some of his buildings, including one Town Center, will convert to the player’s color after rescuing his men from Trolls encountered at the start of the scenario. His remaining buildings will also convert once the nearby mines are recaptured.
- Lothbrok (Thor) – Their buildings will convert to the players cause as soon as five Watch Towers are built within their town.
- Forkbeard (Odin) – His daughter, Greta Forkbeard, was abducted by Loki’s Minions. He will join Arkantos if he can rescue her from the nearby giants’ village. His buildings will not convert to Arkantos' colors.
This guide is applied to hard difficulty. It is, of course, also applicable for the other grades of difficulty.
Players must immediately send their campaign heroes ahead to save the soldiers from the Hamarrtrolls. Afterwards, they can follow the path to Blackhammer’s clan who will provide Arkantos with some of his buildings. Players can start training Gatherers and Dwarves to boost their economy but should bear in mind that they already start with a handful of worker units and a few more will be made available throughout the scenario. The Dwarves at the Gold Mine near the starting point will also have converted to the player’s colors and should be retasked into mining.
More Hamarrtrolls will arrive shortly so the starting units should quickly head for the cavern entrance to defeat them. Next, players may train additional units, especially Hersirs and upgrade them, but the starting units should once again be enough for the next task. By defeating the Hamarrtrolls guarding the mines and their Underworld Passage, players will stop their attacks and be able to continue onto the next objective. The rest of Blackhammer’s buildings will also convert to the player’s color, allowing them to train additional Hersirs for the next objective. Before moving onto the next clan, it would be wise to free the nearby Dwarves by breaking down the stone fences and tasking them into mining Gold. They should research some economical upgrades. There is no need to build an Armory as the next clan will grant one for free.
Upon arriving at Lothbrok’s village, the player’s army should be sent immediately to the south end to stop incoming Mountain Giants and Frost Giants. Afterwards, the Hersirs can build all five Watch Towers near south side of the village to better defend against incoming attacks. They don’t need to be spread out around the markers. As long as they are within the village, Lothbrok’s buildings will convert to the player’s color. Shortly after, more giants, including a Fire Giant, and two Ballistae, will quickly arrive to wreak havoc. With an Armory now available, players should begin upgrading their units further and advance to the Heroic Age (either minor god works). Although the next objective is to advance to the third clan, it is recommended to instead build an army of Hersirs and Portable Rams or strong Myth Units and attack the giants’ Temple and Hill Fort located south of Lothbrok’s village. This will stop further attacks on his village.
Upon arriving at Forkbeard’s village, he will request Arkantos’ help in saving his daughter who's held prisoner in the nearby village occupied by Loki's Minions. Doing this will require a significant force so players should advance to the Mythic Age (made easier with the free Market) and worship Baldr to get access to Fire Giants and the Ragnarok god power. They can also cast Healing Spring within Forkbeard’s village where it will be close enough to retreat to for the remainder of the scenario. Players should now train Fire Giants as Favor permits it and additional Gatherers and Dwarves until the population cap is reached. Then they should cast Ragnarok and have all available forces gather at Forkbeard’s village. Once ready, players can begin attacking the Giants’ village gates. Doing so will cause Loki’s Minions to cast Walking Woods on both groves of pine trees nearby but the heroes can easily dispose of them. At the same time, some Einherjars will attack Blackhammer’s village but they can be ignored as that base is disposable. Players should concentrate on breaking down the gate and any defensive structure within. Meanwhile, the Heroes of Ragnarok can simply pass through and head straight for the Watch Tower holding Greta Forkbeard (destroying all enemy buildings is not necessary). Once the Watch Tower is destroyed, players will be rewarded with victory.
- This scenario marks the first appearance of Reginleif.
- The player does not need to protect any of the buildings provided by the clans to win this scenario, but doing so will make it less difficult.