In villages throughout the Highlands, there is grim talk of skirmishes between Scotland and England. We lost the city of Dunbar this week. Scottish defenders broke ranks and fled. The English have an army that is larger and better trained.
To compete with them, we are going to need new recruits to pick up the spear, sword, or bow. We must remake these shepherds into soldiers.
Scenario instructions Edit
Starting conditions Edit
- Starting Age: Dark Age
- Starting resources: 600 wood, 600 food, 600 gold, 600 stone
- Population limit: 75
- Starting units:
- Gaia units: None
- Train 4 Militia.
- Always explore the map. You will need to locate some extra resources and find out what your enemies are doing.
- Player (Celts): The player starts with a little village in the center of the map.
When the game starts, the player already has enough resources to construct a Barracks. Construct a Barracks and then a House. Once the Barracks is constructed, create four Militia. Once the fourth Militia is created, the scenario is won.
Now that we have militias stationed across the border, the English have slowed their raids. But facing Longshanks' army will be another matter. The wicked English king has yet to bring his famous longbows to bear.
Our militias can only get us so far. We are going to need more advanced weapons.
- The scenario can also be won by building a Wonder. Naturally, that takes much more time than just to fulfill the objectives.
- Training the Troops is the shortest of all 110 official scenarios, being able to be won in just 125 seconds.
- Throughout the game, the speed cannot be changed.
- The Town Bell has no effect.