Training the Troops is the third scenario in the William Wallace learning campaign in Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings. Designed for those who have never before played an Age of Empires game, it teaches the player how to create units and construct buildings.
Scenario instructions Edit
Starting conditions Edit
- Starting Age: Dark Age
- Starting resources: 600 wood, 600 food, 600 gold, 600 stone
- Population limit: 75
- Starting units:
- Gaia units: None
- Train 4 Militia.
- Always explore the map. You will need to locate some extra resources and find out what your enemies are doing.
- Player (Celts): The player starts with a little village in the center of the map.
When the game starts, the player already has enough resources to construct a Barracks. Construct a Barracks and then a House. Once the Barracks is constructed, create four Militia. Once the fourth Militia is created, the scenario is won.
- The scenario can also be won by building a Wonder. Naturally, that takes much more time than just to fulfill the objectives.
- Training the Troops is the shortest of all 110 official scenarios, being able to be won in just 125 seconds.
- Throughout the game, the speed cannot be changed.
- The Town Bell has no effect.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.