Training the Troops is the third scenario in the William Wallace learning campaign in Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings. Designed for those who have never before played an Age of Empires game, it teaches the player how to create units and construct buildings.
In villages throughout the Highlands, there is grim talk of skirmishes between Scotland and England. We lost the city of Dunbar this week. Scottish defenders broke ranks and fled. The English have an army that is larger and better trained.To compete with them, we are going to need new recruits to pick up spear, sword, and bow. We must transform these shepherds into soldiers.
In villages throughout the Highlands, there is grim talk of skirmishes between Scotland and England. We lost the city of Dunbar this week. Scottish defenders broke ranks and fled. The English have an army that is larger and better trained.To compete with them, we are going to need new recruits to pick up the spear, sword, or bow. We must remake these shepherds into soldiers.
- Starting Age: Dark Age
- Starting resources: 600 wood, 600 food, 600 gold, 600 stone
- Population limit: 75
- Starting units:
- Gaia units: None
- Train 4 Militia.
- Always explore the map. You will need to locate some extra resources and find out what your enemies are doing.
Scouts (Definitive Edition)
Your scouts report:
- We have not heard from our scouts - they are probably lost in the woods.
- Player (Celts): The player starts with a little village in the center of the map.
When the game starts, the player already has enough resources to construct a Barracks. Construct a Barracks and then a House. Once the Barracks is constructed, create four Militia. Once the fourth Militia is created, the scenario is won.
Now that we have militias stationed across the border, the English have slowed their raids. But facing Longshanks' army will be another matter. The wicked English king has yet to bring his famous longbows to bear.
Our militias can only get us so far. We are going to need more advanced weapons.
- The scenario can also be won by building a Wonder. Naturally, that takes much more time than just to fulfill the objectives.
- Training the Troops is the shortest of all 110 official scenarios, being able to be won in just 125 seconds.
- Throughout the game, the speed cannot be changed.
- The Town Bell has no effect.