|This article is about the technology in Age of Empires II. For the technology in Age of Empires III, see Town Watch (Age of Empires III).|
Town Patrol is the further upgrade of this technology.
Civilizations bonuses Edit
- Byzantines: Town Watch is free.
- Chinese: Town Watch is 10%/15%/20% cheaper in the Feudal/Castle/Imperial Age.
- Persians: Researching Town Watch is 10%/15%/20% faster in the Feudal/Castle/Imperial Age.
The Age of Kings Edit
- Byzantines: Must research Town Watch like all other civilizations.
The Conquerors Edit
- Byzantines: With patch 1.0c, Town Watch is free.
“Each town and community was responsible for its own defense for much of the Middle Ages, relying on the local lord and his retinue of soldiers for protection. The danger from bandits, raiders, or unfriendly neighbors was real. Communities developed a town watch that scouted the nearby countryside regularly. The town watch reported danger to give the community time to prepare what defense it could.”
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.