The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
The Tower of Flies is an unconstructable tower in Age of Empires II. Like heroes, The Tower of Flies automatically regenerates hit points and cannot be converted.
The Tower of Flies is only available in the Scenario Editor (under the Other tab).
Campaign appearances Edit
- The Lion and the Demon: One Tower of Flies defends the Docks of Acre from crusader attacks. It's 'big brother', The Accursed Tower, can also be found in Acre, defending the walls in the north.
- Reconquista: At the African shore, Yusuf controls the 'Tower of Despair', which is a renamed Tower of Flies. The Accursed Tower is also featured, renamed 'Tower of Desolation'.
- The Tower of Flies was a real Sea Tower, first built by the Phoenicians and greatly expanded by the Crusaders, that once guarded the harbor of Acre. It was fit with a Boom Chain to regulate shipping and acted at times as a lighthouse and prison.
- The design of The Tower of Flies and its cousin, The Accursed Tower, uses the old Western European Guard Tower sprites.
- The Accursed Tower and The Tower of Flies are most likely revisits of the Mirror Tower, from The Rise of Rome, which was in development around the time The Age of Kings was also in development.
- The Tower of Flies has a hidden construction cost of 150 stone which is only relevant to repairing as it cannot be constructed.
|Unconstructable buildings in Age of Empires II|
|The Age of Kings|
|Cathedral · City Wall · Dome of the Rock · Fortress · Great Pyramid · Mosque · Pavilion · Pyramid · The Accursed Tower · The Tower of Flies · Trade Workshop · Yurt|
|Monument · Sea Gate · Sea Tower · Sea Wall|
|Amphitheatre · Aqueduct · Arch of Constantine · Colosseum · Fire Tower · Fortified Palisade Wall · Gol Gumbaz · Poenari Castle · Quimper Cathedral · Temple of Heaven|
|The African Kingdoms|
|Barricade · Fence · Granary · Hut · Palace · Sea Fortification · Storage · Tent|
|Rise of the Rajas|
|Army Tent · Sanchi Stupa|
|Aachen Cathedral · Rock Church|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.