|This article is about the scenario in Age of Empires III. For the scenario in Age of Empires III: The WarChiefs, see The Rescue (The WarChiefs).|
|This article needs an image for it to be complete. Please locate and insert one.|
Objectives[edit | edit source]
Primary objectives[edit | edit source]
- Train an army and attack the British from the south side.
Secondary objectives[edit | edit source]
- Ally with any other Iroquois in the area. (200 XP each)
Players[edit | edit source]
- John Black (John Black's Mercenaries) - The player begins in the Colonial Age, with two forces divided by the British base: an small Iroquois village to the north of the map, including a Trading Post and an Outpost protected by Walls, with 11 Iroquois Tomahawks, 3 Iroquois Mantlets and Nonahkee, while the forces to the south are composed by 6 Jaegers, 1 Covered Wagon, John Black and Kanyenke.
Enemy[edit | edit source]
- British (British) - The enemy of this scenario. It has a well-protected base in the middle of the map, with Walls and Outposts. Its forces consist of Longbowmen, Musketeers and Falconets, and will have a preference for attacking the Iroquois village to the north.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The player starts with a Covered Wagon south of the British base, a Trading Post and an Outpost to the north, in the Iroquois village. The British base is well fortified, and destroying their walls will take some time. They will attack the Trading Post, sending units periodically.
The player needs to build a base and get a good flow of resources. Building a Trading Post on the other Iroquois villages will increase the number of Iroquois units that the player can train, and give some Experience completing the secondary objective. It is also important to collect some treasures to obtain resources more quickly, before the British Explorer does so.
When the British are approaching the Iroquois village, send some units to the south side to attack their walls, then retreat when their armies come for the player's units. Keep them busy while the resources are coming in. After some time, the British are likely to run out of resources in their base, and will send out Settlers to gather. Kill these Settlers to weaken the British.
Setting the Home City arrival point at the northern Outpost will allow the player to send Mercenaries and possibly Settlers to the Iroquoois village to build Barracks and Stables, making defense a lot easier.
The British army is basically made up of Longbowmen and Musketeers. Use Uhlans against the Longbowmen and Jaegers or Skirmishers against the Musketeers. Alternatively, advance to Fortress Age and build Falconets to make it easier to defeat the British army and its buildings.
When the player have a large force and some artillery, they must break down the British walls and destroy their buildings.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is one of the few scenarios in the game where the enemy has an Explorer.
- This is the only campaign scenario whose title will later have a duplicate.