Attack bonuses Edit
- Copper Weapons, Bronze Weapons, and Iron Weapons increase attack by 30%.
- Copper Mail, Bronze Mail, and Iron Mail decrease hack vulnerability by 23% and crush vulnerability by 10%.
- Copper Shields, Bronze Shields, and Iron Shields decrease pierce vulnerability by 23%.
- Bacchanalia (Dionysus) gives all units +5% hit points.
As with all Heroes, the Argo is strongest against Myth units. It is ranged so it can fire arrows at enemies from a distance. As the only naval hero in the game, the Argo is crucial in combating naval myth units. It also gives Poseidon's fleets an advantage in naval battles, granting them the only dedicated anti-myth unit ship. In other regards, the Argo functions as an arrow ship, making it strong against hammer ships but weak against siege ships. The Argo can also be sunk by shore defenses and siege weapons.
Age of Mythology Edit
- The Argo has 4.8 speed, 20% crush armor, deals ×5 damage to myth units and buildings, costs 250 wood and 8 favor, and does not benefit from Trierarch.
Tale of the Dragon Edit
- With patch 2.7, the Argo has 6 speed, 15% crush armor, deals ×4 damage to myth units, deals no bonus damage to buildings, costs 200 wood and 4 favor, and benefits from Trierarch.
The Argo ( "swift sailing") was a ship built by Argos of Thessaly out of beech trees from Mount Pelion. Athena aided in the construction herself. Jason and the other Argonauts sailed on the Argo in their quest for the Golden Fleece. It was the largest ship ever built, with a full fifty oars, one for each of the Argonauts. Athena fitted the bow with a figurehead of lumber cut from her sacred oaks at Dodona that could speak and had the gift of prophecy.
Some of the Argonauts included:
- Jason, the captain
- Atalanta of Calydon, the virgin huntress
- Calais, the winged son of Boreas
- Heracles, the strongest man in Greece
- Peleus the myrmidon, Achilles' father
- Orpheus, the Thracian bard
- Polydeuces, a Spartan boxer
- Nauplius the Argive, son of Poseidon and a great navigator
- And that most famous of Greek heroes, Butes of Athens, the bee-master
- During the Alpha, what would later become the Argo's model was much larger, and used for the Trireme. The model was made smaller, and reused for the Argo, for unknown reasons.
- Unlike most hero units, The Argo is unable to pick up Relics (even if they would be close to the water).
|Age / God||Zeus||Poseidon||Hades|
|Mythic Age||Bellerophon|| Polyphemus|