Two of the same team bonuses do not stack, but a team bonus can stack with another bonus. It is also important to note that should a player be defeated or resigns, their team bonus remains active for their allies. In diplomacy games however (games with no locked teams), team bonuses do not affect allies.
The following list shows of team bonuses.
- Aztecs: Relics generate 33% more gold.
- Berbers: Genitours are available at the Archery Range in the Castle Age.
- Britons: Archery Ranges work 20% faster.
- Burmese: Relics are visible on the map from the game start.
- Byzantines: Monks heal 50% faster.
- Celts: Siege Workshops work 20% faster.
- Chinese: Farms provide +45 food.
- Ethiopians: Towers and Outposts have +3 Line of Sight.
- Franks: Knights have +2 Line of Sight.
- Goths: Barracks work 20% faster.
- Huns: Stables work 20% faster.
- Incas: Farms are built 50% faster.
- Indians: Camels have +6 attack against buildings.
- Italians: Condottieri are available at the Barracks in the Imperial Age.
- Japanese: Galleys have +50% Line of Sight.
- Khmer: Scorpions have +1 range.
- Koreans: Mangonel line minimum range reduced.
- Magyars: Foot archers have +2 Line of Sight.
- Malay: Docks have +100% Line of Sight.
- Malians: University researches 80% faster.
- Mayans: Walls are 50% cheaper (Stone Walls -2 stone per segment, Palisade Walls -1 wood).
- Mongols: Light Cavalry have +2 Line of Sight.
- Persians: Knights have +2 attack against archers.
- Portuguese: Free Cartography from the Dark Age.
- Saracens: Foot archers have +2 attack against standard buildings.
- Slavs: Military buildings provide +5 population.
- Spanish: Trade Carts and Trade Cogs return 25% more gold.
- Teutons: All units resist conversion.
- Turks: Gunpowder units are created 20% faster.
- Vietnamese: Elite Skirmishers can be upgraded to Imperial Skirmishers in the Imperial Age.
- Vikings: Docks are 15% cheaper.
Note that while not technically a team bonus, the Berbers' unique technology Kasbah can be considered a team bonus as well since it - just like regular team bonuses - affects the entire team. The Vietnamese also have a technology that benefits the entire team: Paper Money. But since it is of one-time use it cannot really be considered a team bonus.
Out of all 40 unique units in the game, three are available as team bonuses: the Condottiero, the Imperial Skirmisher, and the Genitour. These are often used to supplement lacking unit lines (for example Condottieri can make up for the Persians' lacking Militia line, and Aztec Imperial Skirmishers surpass the Aztec Arbalest), or to cover a niche, such as in a late Imperial Age trash game.