|“||Stealthy horsemen that grow in strength as they grow in number.||”|
The Tashunke Prowler is a melee heavy cavalry in Age of Empires III: The WarChiefs that is unique to the Lakota and can be trained at the Corral once the Fortress Age is reached. It is a stealthy cavalry unit that become stronger in large groups.
The Tashunke Prowler is unique in that for every other Tashunke Prowlers in a radius of 20 around them, it gains +5% hit points and +10% attack, which is cumulative with each other. It is also the only cavalry unit that has stealth ability (except the Lakota War Chief with the "Center of Power" Home City Card).
Effective against artillery and light infantry, Tashunke Prowlers deal Area of Effect damage and are effective when massed in later Ages, but are relatively weaker since they lack direct upgrades (for example, Champion) and have a train limit of 14.
As Tashunke Prowlers are unique to the Lakota, only technologies that they have access to are shown in the following table:
|Unit strengths and weaknesses|
|Strong vs.||Ranged infantry, light infantry, artillery|
|Weak vs.||Heavy infantry, light cavalry|
|Hit points|| Horsemanship (+10%)|
Cavalry Cuirass (+10%)
Comanche Horse Breeding (+10%)
Cree Tanning (+5%)
Navajo Weaving (+5%)
|Attack|| Bonepipe Armor (+1.0x multiplier vs. artillery)|
Pillage (+25% siege attack)
|Speed|| Comanche Mustangs (+10%)|
Apache Endurance (+5%)
|Creation speed|| Cheyenne Horse Trading (-25%)|
Incan Chasquis Messengers (-25%)
|Train cost||Mapuche Ad-mapu (-10% coin cost)|
Home City Cards
As Tashunke Prowlers are unique to to the Lakota, only their cards and other civilizations' TEAM cards are shown in the following tables:
|Click for a list of Home City Cards related to the Tashunke Prowler|
Green: TEAM Shipment that is sent to each player in a team
- Tashunke Prowlers have 170 hit points, 15 siege damage, 12 Line of Sight, and a build limit of 12.
- The Marauders card increases Tashunke Prowler build limit by 50%.
- Tashunke Prowlers have 220 hit points, 22 siege damage, 28 Line of Sight, a build limit of 15, and are now siege troopers (which take 50% less damage from buildings). With update 5208, they have 18 siege damage and a build limit of 14.
- Tashunke Prowlers gain +25% attack and hit points in the Industrial Age and +50% in the Imperial Age. With update 5208, they gain +25% attack and hit points in both ages.
- With update 5208, the Marauders card increases Tashunke Prowler build limit by 30%.
- Tashunke is the (incorrect) anglicization of Tȟašúŋke, which translates to "their horse" in the Lakota language. Crazy Horse's name in Lakota is Tȟašúŋke Witkó, which translates as "His Horse is Crazy".
- The unit is similar to the Fenris Wolf Brood in Age of Mythology, wherein a growth in the unit's number increases their attack.
|“||The primary means for a Plains warrior to gain glory on the battlefield involved acts of courage in battle - such as killing enemies, stealing horses, or taking weapons - which won prestige and enabled an individual to rise above fellow tribesmen as a warrior and leader.|
For some groups, the highest honor of all was given to those warriors who managed to get close enough to touch an enemy and escape without killing him - a practice known as counting coup ("coup" is a French word meaning "blow"). A warrior could make contact with his hand, a weapon such as a club, spear, or bow, or even a specially crafted coup stick.