Shouldn't this wikicity be moved into the GameInfo wikicity?
--This game series is to big for one general game wiki.-Heradite
There are no "races" in Age of Empires-they're called "civilizations". I suggest changing every mention of "race" into the proper "civilization"; I would do so myself, but I can't edit page names, where an admin can. Whenever this is done, I will go about uploading various civilization attributes and bonuses-I've been playing AOE2 like no one's business lately.
- I agree.. "Races" makes it sound like they're different species... Albanian F 21:50, 12 July 2007 (UTC)
My name is Aron Skywalker, and I'm a frequent user of wikipedia and its many wikis.
Currently, I am a user on the Star Wars wiki, and Admin on the prison break wiki and hopefully soon to be starting up my own wiki. I have a habit of finding bad condition wikis and transforming them into, at least decent, wikis. As I did with the prison break wiki I helped pioneer a change around in that wiki's articles and general appearance so I hope to do the same here. I am a big fan of AOE, So let me know where I can help because I'm gonna be around on this site for some time. Feel free to post me a message. Aron Skywalker [Force Connection]
Well I'm someone who uses wikipedia often, but has never edited. Is there any topic in this wiki where i could help out? Anuragsahay 15:00, 20 July 2007 (UTC)
Capital Confusion Edit
I'm making redirects, and I just found out that capitalization matters when searching an article (EG: aoe3 links and AoE3 does not)... could somebody change this? Thanks, Albanian F 21:44, 12 July 2007 (UTC).
Hello! I went ahead and added a Wikia Gaming footer to the bottom of the Main Page. We're trying to get Wikia's gaming wikis more linked with each other. It's not mandatory, so you can remove it if you really hate it, but it would be appreciated if you didn't :). You can change the links to point to any other wikia wikis you like or cooperate with. Ausir 17:12, 10 September 2007 (UTC)
Who is Editing? Edit
Am I the only one who edits constantly? Why isn't anyone else editing?
--Son of the Witch-King 23:45, 10 November 2007 (UTC)
If anyone is listening I think the wiki is good enough to have a featured article now.
--Son of the Witch-King 22:17, 18 November 2007 (UTC)
Need a fun map??? Edit
If anybody cares to read this, I will take suggestions for scenarios(self-created maps). It can be anything you want. Just leave you ideas here and i will turn them into completely playable masterpieces.
TheKrusher 23:15, 15 December 2007 (UTC)
Main Page design Edit
Hullo! I'm Kirkburn, a Wikia Gaming Helper, and I have a suggestion to make regarding the Main Page. You may be interested in stealing some code from the Wikia Starter wiki which is the current new wiki base design. It makes content a bit easier to add and is easily expanded. If you would like me to work on it, just leave a message on my talk page, and I'll see what I can do! Kirkburn (talk) 20:55, 6 February 2008 (UTC)
- Further to the above, I have create a version on User:Kirkburn/Dev. I think it's pretty cool as it has a more consistent design, more space for info and gets links to articles on the Main Page. Much easier for users to navigate than an unsorted list of articles and redirects.
- Any feedback or opinions? I'll implement if not with some more tweaks. Kirkburn (talk) 23:51, 13 February 2008 (UTC)
- Done some more work on it and implemented. Hope it is to your satisfaction! Kirkburn (talk) 19:38, 14 February 2008 (UTC)
New Picture Edit
If anyone wants to know what Wiki wide.png is change your prefrences to slate or something like it and look at the top left hand corner of the page.
--Son of the Witch-King 03:38, 9 February 2008 (UTC)
Age of Mythology Wiki Edit
I don't know if anyone else knows it, but there is a wiki called the Age of Mythology Wiki that has info about the game and it's expansion. Should the Age of Empires Wiki stop writing detailed info on the games? A good reply whould be great.
--Son of the Witch-King 22:18, 9 February 2008 (UTC)
- Stop I say stop writing about AoM. I don't know why this place was doing it in the first place, though I can understand that there is a link between AoE and AoM, being similar-ish games. There isn't much crossover between the games and it does seem a little weird to feature it here. If we do continue then perhaps a name change is in order, but that's a lot of effort. Maybe getting in contact and communicating with AoM community and working together somehow would be better.--Jonru 08:27, 10 February 2008 (UTC)
--Son of the Witch-King 22:35, 10 February 2008 (UTC)
- A vote sounds good. I've done some structuring work on the AoM wiki and could develop it further, mainly through the use of AoM Heaven. I would think moving the pages which only relate to Age of Mythology to the AoM wiki but retain any info related to AoE, if there is any. We might want to leave the Age of Mythology article there to give a link across, but also to write about how it was a spin off etc. As for the Age of Kings thing, we may as well merge with them as there are no more than 10 or 15 useful articles there, most of which we don't have ironically.--Jonru 08:17, 11 February 2008 (UTC)
- I've redone the AoM Main Page similar to this. Hopefully makes things a bit easier for both! Kirkburn (talk) 20:55, 14 February 2008 (UTC)
Picture or Article? Edit
In the box below that says Age of Empires III Intro (which is a video) I'm wondering if people want a video down there or a picture because some people might think that the Age of Empires Wiki talks about AoEIII more than the other series. So if anyone wants it changed please let me know.
--Son of the Witch-King 21:40, 19 February 2008 (UTC)
- You could always add a Featured picture section as well? The youtube vid I picked was just one of the first good ones I found on there, so changing is probably sensible. Kirkburn (talk) 13:44, 25 February 2008 (UTC)
Wikia Gaming IRC channel Edit
Hullo! I am Kirkburn, your friendly local Wikia Gaming Helper!
You may be interested to know there is a Wikia gaming IRC channel, #wikia-gaming on chat.freenode.net, where you can hop on, ask for help from users of other gaming wikis, or offer your own experiences. If you are not familiar with IRC clients, you can access it from http://irc.wikia.com/gaming.
Different people may be on sporadically, but we organize weekly chats at a fixed time so we can get the most number of people online at the same time to ask and answer questions, or just to hang out. The admins of some of Wikia's biggest gaming wikis (e.g. WoW, Halo) often attend them. You can find the time for the next chat by following this link.
I think that at the bottom of each civilisation page their should be a small section on basic tactics which are used by people. What does anyone else think??? DragonStorm 07:58, 11 March 2008 (UTC)
Age of Empires Fanon Articles Edit
I have recieved a message from User:Obi maul12 and he has tried to start a AoE Fanon Wiki, but the wiki was rejected. So he wanted to expand this wiki with non-canon articles and has asked if he could proceed with his plan. So I want to ask any users if they agree or disagree with this idea or if we should even have a vote.
--Son of the Witch-King 14:53, 11 March 2008 (UTC)
- Yes I think fanon is just as important a part of the game as the actual game itself. Plus it will allow the wiki to expand beyond the basic information it will give on the games themselves.--Jonru 15:01, 11 March 2008 (UTC)
- I think that it is a good idea :) DragonStorm 09:49, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
We will of course, have to put a notice on the article. Darth Oompy 16:20, 25 March 2008 (UTC)
I'd like to start a project; eliminate those redlinks! Darth Oompy 16:22, 25 March 2008 (UTC)
- I hope this wikia has a Traditional Chinese version. What should I do?--Hkhk59333 13:22, 15 March 2009 (UTC)
- I think we can write Chinese Pages here.--Hkhk59333 04:34, 20 March 2009 (UTC)
- No, that's why there are Wikis in other languages, please contact me soon - KazMx "Wolf" (T • C ) 19:55, 29 March 2009 (UTC)
Why i cannot register? 220.127.116.11
- I really Wish i could help you but you have to be more specific on what happens when you try to create an account- KazMx "Wolf" (T • C • E) 12:06, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
Itv says that it is unable to register me. 18.104.22.168
- Can you please tell us the actual error message your getting? perhaps a screenshot would work also. --Uberfuzzy 20:58, 26 April 2009 (UTC)
We are unable to register you now. Please try later.,,
Oldest wiki? Edit
Wait...is this actually one of the oldest still-active wikis?
Funny, I remember for how like two years of it's history it only had small activity bursts, but was largely dead.
Then I guess AoE fans found it.
Well...good job Age of Empires Wiki!
- Yes, it is one of the oldest wikis that is still edited on a regular basis. It is a real shame that it never really caught on, though :( Ajraddatz Talk 15:45, February 15, 2010 (UTC)
Still active? Edit
Is this still active?Heradite 04:23, April 5, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes. Mictlantecuhtli 11:54, April 5, 2011 (UTC)
Age of Empires 1 Rehaul Edit
Im starting to add a greater amount of detail to the AoE 1 section of the wiki, mainly with civilizations, common tactics and popular maps and scenarios. Each civ will also get a pic of their respective tech tree, straight from the manual. Anyone interested, plz post here before editing one of my new pages. (ive started with the sumerians.)
Age of Empires OnlineEdit
Including Civs from AoE mods?Edit
- This wikia provides official knowledge an thus mods' civilizations would be irrevelent for this wikia. If you want to write about the mods' civilization you can go you the specific mod's page. Well, you can also ask the Administrators for more information.RSV 123 (talk) 09:32, July 29, 2013 (UTC)
Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds Edit
Hi everyone. I wanted to check if there is any interest in incorporating info for the game Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds and its expansion, Clone Campaigns, into this wiki.
The game is based on the Genie engine, which Age of Empires I and II also use. The gameplay is remarkably similar to Age of Empires II: Worker units, farms, civilization bonuses, unique units etc. It is essentially a really elaborate and well-made total conversion mod.
There is no wikia community for the game yet and wookiepedia is not the place for in-game information that has nothing to do with Star Wars canon. Neither is there any other page with extensive information.
What do you guys think?
- This has been discussed before, and the decision was made not to include it. Most of the users preferred the wiki to remain AoE only. But I get what you mean.Narve (talk) 06:48, August 19, 2015 (UTC)
- I personally think that the wiki must remain esclusively AoE and AoM ( AoM is an spin off), Star Wars galactic battlegrounds certainly uses the genie engine like AoE and AoE II, but the theme of the game, the licences and other various stuff put this game outside from AoE franchise. I think that game may have its place in Wookiepedia, just talk with the administrators of that wiki and convince them to leave there information about the Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds game, otherwise you can create a wiki for this game and maybe other games inspired or based on the Star Wars movies Papermaniac (talk) 07:27, August 19, 2015 (UTC)
- Alright, thank you for your answers, guys.
- Anyone wanna start a new wiki with me? PisauraXTX (talk) 16:16, August 21, 2015 (UTC)
Since Age of Empires Online is dead officially, wouldn't it make since for that wiki and this one to be merged? Have all content related to the Age of Empires series on one wiki?
While I am on the subject of having the entire AoE series on this wiki, I noticed that there is nothing on Age of Empires: Castle Siege on the wiki. Even though it is just a free to play Windows 8 tower defense app, it is an official part of the series none the less. I would be willing to create an account to help with both. 22.214.171.124 02:04, June 1, 2017 (UTC)
Hello, and welcome to the wikia! I'm really glad someone is considering the idea of merging AoE content.
Concerning, AoE: Castle Siege, there is a wikia about this game (http://age-of-empires-castle-siege.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page). I agree it would be a good idea to take its content and integrate it here, especially since its a short wikia (191 pages), without stubs.
About AoE Online on the other hand, I'm not so sure; first, there are 2455 pages. Second, the game has been shut down since 2014. And third, it would possibly be very hard to properly integrate it here. Either way, feel free to create an acount and start a forum, so that the merging of wikias can be discussed :)