Summary[edit | edit source]
After John Black's forces manage to fend off Cherokee assaults, John Black decides that it is time to take the fight to them by destroying their war camps and then negotiating a peace treaty at the main Cherokee village.
Players[edit | edit source]
- John Black (John Black's Mercenaries) - The player starts with two heroes, Kanyenke and John Black, as well as a small band of Jaegers and Skirmishers. The town of Brunswick is initially owned by the player as well, however they won't be able to send Home City Cards at the earlier part of the game. At the start, the player can not train any additional units since they do not have any stockpile of resources.
Enemy[edit | edit source]
- British (British) - The only enemy faction for this scenario, this player at first consists solely of the Cherokee War Huts and some Cherokee defenders, including Cherokee Archers, Riflemen and Horse Archers. After the heroes get ambushed at the Cherokee village, a large army will disembark from two Frigates and a base will be set. They will train all sort of British units, including Longbowmen.
Allied/neutral[edit | edit source]
- Uncle Stuart (John Black's Mercenaries) - This player consists solely of Stuart Black. After the British attacks Brunswick, all of the buildings there would be converted to the ownership of this player.
Objectives[edit | edit source]
Primary Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Destroy the Cherokee War Huts.
- Bring John and Kanyenke to the main Cherokee village to negotiate a peace.
- Establish a new colony and defeat the British.
Secondary Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Rescue all Settlers captured by the British. (500 XP)
Strategy[edit | edit source]
To destroy the War Huts, the player should send their forces south, and let the heroes take the brunt of the damage - they'll regenerate, whereas soldiers won't. The War Huts will spawn a few Cherokee soldiers when they've taken enough damage, so pay attention and target the units.
When the War Huts are down, John Black will be asked to meet with the enemy leader, at the Cherokee village. Before doing so, explore the map and take any Treasures (one of which increases the heroes' hitpoints) then go to the village. There, an ambush will occur by a few Musketeers, and this is the signal for a large British army to move in and destroy the colony, disembarked by two Frigates who shell the buildings.
Shortly after the British army attacks, a Covered Wagon will start moving south, and a few buildings to the south-west will come under the player's control. Invest in hunting to collect food; also, build a Market and research the Hunting Dogs upgrade. Remember to set up some defences too, as British counterattacks should start eventually. After accumulating enough food and gold, advance to the Fortress Age and choose the Mohawk Statesman, to acquire Iroquois Mantlets.
Build up a large army, preferably with plenty of Skirmishers to face the British Musketeers, and some Artillery to take care of buildings and Longbowmen (including preferably three or more Falconets). It is highly possible that the enemy will have attempted a Fort Drop, placing a Fort between the player's base and the northwest part of the British base. Before acquiring Mortars, avoid it at all costs.
The player can also patrol the perimeter of the British base with Uhlans during the first phases in order to destroy a Fort Wagon (should an enemy send one) and harass enemy Settlers, in order to hamper their economic progress.
The player should move in through the south towards the enemy base, to avoid any counterattacks coming from the northwest and a Fort, if it is has been set. As their forces move in towards the enemy base, they will be informed of the Secondary Objective of freeing Settlers held by neutral Outlaw Musketeers (these are Treasure Guardians). Free any Settlers captive to acquire some extra experience and assault the base.
Clean up any remaining buildings to win; once their base is down, John Black will mention that they have reclaimed the base, and the player will be victorious.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Kanyenke mentions the Heavy Cannons the Cherokee used in the previous level, even on Easy difficulty, in which they are not present.
- At the beginning of the game, all buildings in Brunswick belong to the player. The player may choose to delete the buildings, including the Walls in this state. Therefore, no (or fewer) buildings will be converted under the possession of Uncle Stuart.
- When this happens, the enemy will have a reduced protection around their base, since they can use the Walls that used to protect Brunswick as their own if not deleted.
- When the British forces attack Brunswick, the Town Center instantly disappears.
- At that scenario, once the British arrive on land and take possession of the Brunswick, a Treasure to the southeast will be free of guardians and you can easily catch it. But you have to try to catch it before the British arrive in it, take it for granted that it will be defended.