|“||Morgan sails for Florida with the pirate Lizzie, hoping to catch up with the Spanish conquistador Delgado before he reaches the Lake of the Moon.||”|
Overview[edit | edit source]
Delgado ran his Treasure Ships aground to the coasts of Florida and Morgan needs to capture them. The main objective is to capture six of the eight vessels.
A Treasure Ship will be captured once the Outpost or Fort protecting it is destroyed. There is very little Coin to be mined on this map. Most of the coin is provided by controlling Treasure Ships. The more the ships controlled, the greater the coin trickle.
There is merely one Gold Mine in the north, near a Treasure, as well as a Silver Mine to the southwest part of the map. Once the scenario is over, the cutscene shows the knights freeing Sahin from the Spanish.
Players[edit | edit source]
- Morgan Black (Knights of St. John) - The player starts with Lizzie's Flagship, as well as two Privateers. Garrisoned inside the Flagship is Lizzie, Morgan, four Pirates and four Highlanders. On the other hand, one of the Privateers is host to a Falconet, a Mortar and a Covered Wagon that will be used to establish a base on Florida. The player begins in the Colonial Age.
Allied/neutral[edit | edit source]
- Treasure Fleet (Spanish) - This player consists solely of the nine Treasure Ships scattered throughout the north half of the map. In order to beat the scenario, the player has to switch six of this player's ships to their control.
Enemies[edit | edit source]
- Spanish (Spanish) - This player is the only enemy of this scenario. Just when the game begins, the player will clash with two Galleons. They also control multiple Outposts and two Forts that guard the Treasure Ships. They begin in the Colonial Age and train basic Spanish units, such as Crossbowmen and Rodeleros, and also use War Dogs. Once their base, sited in the northwest, suffers critical damage, Delgado himself will join the fight.
Objectives[edit | edit source]
Primary Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Place a Town Center to establish your base.
- Capture six total Treasure ships.
Secondary Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Destroy any Spanish Forts. (300 xp each)
- Kill Delgado. (1,000 xp)
Treasures[edit | edit source]
There are a total of 9 treasures, 8 of which are guarded. In addition, the Spanish have an Explorer that can claim treasures before the player does.
- A navigation chart from a prior expedition worth 100 XP. Guarded by a Buccaneer Captain.
- The attractive, but odd looking roseate spoonbill worth 75 XP. Guarded by 2 Alligators.
- The Lost Blanket of Empress Zoe worth 360 XP. Guarded by 2 Outlaw Riders, 3 Outlaw Pistoleroes and 2 Outlaw Riflemen.
- A stand of beautiful palmettos worth 35 wood. Guarded by a Alligator.
- A family of tasty possums worth 40 food. Guarded by a Alligator.
- A drift of terrapin worth 35 food. Guarded by a Alligator.
- A stand of the sacred Canelo tree worth 100 wood. Guarded by 2 Outlaw Blowgunners.
- A trapped Native Scout, who will join the cause of the rescuer. Guarded by 2 Wolves.
- A coypu whose pelts are worth 30 coin - not guarded.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The mission starts with a naval battle. Focus fire on one enemy ship at a time, using the ships' Broadside Attack. Once all ships are done, unload the ships at the north shore, where resources are abundant, and build a Town Center. Destroy the nearby enemy Outpost with the Mortar to gain control of a Treasure ship. Also, destroy the nearby Stockades to gain control of some Inca Huamincas. Have the Settlers collect the starting resources and then hunt for food.
Capturing Treasure Ships[edit | edit source]
Five of eight ships are outside of the Spanish base and are easily captured. The remaining three requires to attack the base to destroy the outposts protecting the vessels.
After advancing to the Fortress Age, amass military units to send them with the Mortar to an elevated ridge north of the first Treasure ship. Bombard and destroy the Outpost guarding another Treasure ship. To the northeast lie more Stockades; destroy them to free some Inca Bolas Warriors who reveal the location of all the other Treasure ships.
Another Treasure ship lies to the west, but it is guarded by a Fort. To capture this ship, add more soldiers and Falconets and bombard the Fort with Mortars, while fending off Spanish forces. After that, the player can gather their army east of the enemy town and draw the enemy units outside and defend their base.
Delgado will eventually join himself after destroying enough buildings. Kill him and destroy the Outposts guarding the Treasure ships to win. Before that however, it is recommended to research Mercantilism and destroy a Fort south of the base to amass some extra experience.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Incan prisoners kept behind the Stockades belong to a player simply described as (), without even a civilization listed.
- The maximum extension of the Inca Empire included lands where today are the countries of Chile, Peru, Bolivia and Ecuador. It makes no sense to find Inca prisoners in Stockades in Florida.