Attack bonuses[edit | edit source]
- Ships: ×2.5
God Bonuses and Upgrades[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
Shennong allows Sitting Tigers to deal area of effect damage and have +10 Base Pierce attack.
- Draft Horses increases speed by 20%.
- Engineers increases attack by 25%, doubles damage against walls and gates; increases range by 2.
- Celestial Palace (Xi Wangmu) reduces training time by 20%.
- Golden Peaches (Xi Wangmu) increases HP by .
Changelog[edit | edit source]
Tale of The Dragon[edit | edit source]
- Initially, Shennong's Sitting Tigers have 300% bonus damage vs buildings. With patch 2.7, this is increased to 320% bonus damage.
- Originally, Onagers and Sitting Tigers did not get increased range from Engineers. This was fixed in patch 2.7.
History[edit | edit source]
Hudun Pao, "crouching tiger" or "sitting tiger," is an ancient Chinese siege machine which launched a projectile from a sling at the end of its arm, which was mounted on a rigid triangular frame.
The Sitting Tiger is an early version of the traction trebuchet, which means that it was powered by the pulling force of men on ropes attached to the short end of the arm. The engine was smaller and had shorter range than its larger counterweight-driven counterparts, but this made it far more portable.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The in-game rendition approximates historical illustration, yet completely lacks the rope for operators to rotate the arm and throw the projectile.