Attack bonuses[edit | edit source]
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Specific[edit | edit source]
- Naval Oxybeles increases hit points by 10%, range and LOS by 12 and attack vs buildings by 200%.
General[edit | edit source]
- Copper Weapons, Bronze Weapons, and Iron Weapons increase attack by 10%.
- Copper Mail, Bronze Mail, and Iron Mail decrease hack and crush vulnerability by 10%.
- Copper Shields, Bronze Shields, and Iron Shields decrease pierce vulnerability by 10%.
- Conscript Sailors decreases training time by 20%.
- Heroic Fleet increases attack vs myth units by 250%.
- Ancient Destroyer (Chongli) increases movement speed by 15%.
- East Sea (Ao Kuang) reduces wood and gold cost by 20%.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Siege Junks are strong against Arrow Ships and buildings but weak against Hammer Ships. In the Heroic Age, defensive buildings can out-range them, so they are vulnerable to counterattack at that time. However, when upgraded in the Mythic Age, they out-range them instead, making them valuable in taking down shore defenses. This helps transports to land safely to enemy territory. Since they deal crush damage, Siege Junks are slightly effective against myth units.
History[edit | edit source]
As warships became longer, navies began to mount larger weapons on them, such as catapults and ballistae. With the added weight the ships had lost some maneuverability, and while the accuracy and range of the weapons on board were poor at first, the deadly impact the siege could inflict on enemy navies turned out to be revolutionary.