Attack bonuses Edit
- Naval Oxybeles increases hit points by 10%, range and LOS by 12 and attack vs buildings by 200%.
- Kronos reduces wood and gold cost by 10% and increases movement speed by 10%.
- Copper Weapons, Bronze Weapons, and Iron Weapons increase attack by 10%.
- Copper Mail, Bronze Mail, and Iron Mail decrease hack and crush vulnerability by 10%.
- Copper Shields, Bronze Shields, and Iron Shields decrease pierce vulnerability by 10%.
- Conscript Sailors decreases training time by 20%.
- Heroic Fleet increases attack against myth units by 250%.
- Volcanic Forge (Leto): reduces pierce vulnerability by 20%.
It is strong against Arrow Ships and buildings but weak against Hammer Ships. Defensive buildings and Towers can outrange them so they are vulnerable to counterattack during the early stages of the game. However, when upgraded in the Mythic Age, they will outrange them instead, making them valuable in taking down shore Defenses that can otherwise be impossible if unupgraded. This will allow Transports to land safely in enemy territory. Since they deal crush damage, they are slightly effective against myth units.
As warships became longer, navies began to mount larger weapons on them, such as catapults and ballistae. Dionysius of Syracuse constructed extra-large triremes capable of supporting artillery, and Alexander mounted siege towers on a pair of ship hulls during his successful siege of Tyre. Later Roman imperial galleys could bristle with all sorts of towers and artillery.