The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
|This article is about the building in Age of Mythology. For the building in Age of Empires III, see Shrine (Age of Empires III).|
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- A Greek Shrine appears in the first scenario, Omens, it is located up the cliff near Atlantis' Town Center.
- A Greek Shrine appears in the fourth campaign scenario with a Relic, and a Medusa guarding it.
- Another instance of the Greek Shrine appearing in the Greek part of Fall of the Trident is in the scenario More Bandits. There is a Relic right in front of this Shrine, located in the northwest.
- A Norse Shrine appears in The Dwarven Forge, and is located inside the mountain where Brokk and Eitri's forge must be recaptured.
- A Chinese Shrine appears in the second scenario of the Tale of the Dragon campaign, but because the Chinese Shrines don't have a model of their own, it looks like an Egyptian Shrine.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Originally, the Shrine was used to research technologies and train myth units from the first age (which would later be divided into the Archaic Age and Classical Age as Ensemble initially intended only to have three ages) as well as allow advancement into the second age (which would become the third in the final game Heroic)
- A later concept had the Shrine be used to allow advancement into the Classical Age, and fulfill mythological training/researching for the Archaic and Classical Ages, whilst the Temple would be for Heroic and Mythic Age training/researching.
- Due to being an Alpha/Beta/Scenario Editor-only unit, the Shrine lacks Atlantean and Chinese equivalents and appear as Egyptian Shrines.
- Due to error, the Egyptian Shrine model is identical to the Classical Age Egyptian Temple, making it oversized (and allowing units to clip through it.)
History[edit | edit source]
|“||Small shrines, not as formal or elaborate as large temples, were found in many places in the ancient world. In homes, alcoves in walls held small statues of gods dedicated to things like prosperity, ancestry or fertility. Roadsides were popular places for shrines to gods governing travel and commerce.||”|
|—In-game help section|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Campaign-exclusive buildings and units in Age of Mythology|
|Age of Mythology|
|Boulder Wall · Cataphract · Charon Ferry · Dwarven Forge · Excavation · Folstag Flag Bearer · Giant Gate Ram · Guardian · Hades Gate · Iron Fence · Jail Wall · Living Poseidon Statue · Naval Shipyard · Osiris Piece Box · Osiris Pyramid · Pirate Ship · Prisoner · Shade · Shipwreck · Shrine · Statue of Lightning · Sword Bearers · Stone Fence · Tamarisk Tree · Taproot · Temple of the Gods · Tent · Thor's Hammer Haft · Thor's Hammer Head · Trojan Horse · Wall of Atlantis · Wall of Troy · Well of Urd · Wooden Fence|
|Automaton Statue · Gaia Pool · Overgrown Temple · Statue of Melagius · Temple of Kronos · Tower of Odin · Summoning Tree|
|Tale of the Dragon|
|Dam · Griffon|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.