Shatagni is a technology in Age of Empires II: The Forgotten that is unique to the Hindustanis and can be researched at the Castle once the Imperial Age is reached. Once researched, it increases the range of Hand Cannoneers by .
Effective Hindustanis armies should be primarily composed of two core units: Camel Riders and Hand Cannoneers. Shatagni is what allows Hindustanis Hand Cannoneers to thrive. As such, it is vital to research it, but the player must be sure to prioritize more important things first, and to actually get an army running.
- 'Shatagni' was the name given for cannons and guns by early modern Indians. They named it such because they believed it had the capacity to kill a hundred enemy soldiers. ('shat' - शत, meaning 'hundred' and 'agni' - अग्नी, meaning 'fire').
- The old effect from Shatagni was that Hand Cannoneers were 100% accurate. However, this was changed to the current effect, probably for game balance reasons.
- This technology does in fact have a debuff, as the further the Hand Cannoneers shoot, the lower their accuracy.
- Shatagni provides +1 range to Hand Cannoneers.
Dynasties of India
- With update 61321, Shatagni provides +2 range to Hand Cannoneers.