The Scythian Scout is a cavalry hero in Age of Empires II: The Conquerors that features in multiple campaigns and is also available in the Scenario Editor. In-game, he appears as a Light Cavalry with better attack, better armor, and better hit points. As a hero, he cannot be converted and can regenerate health.
- In The Scourge of God, the first scenario of the Attila the Hun campaign, the Scythian Scout (renamed to Scythian Prince) is held prisoner in the Roman camp near the southwestern part of the map along with several Hun Villagers. Though the Scythians and Huns are enemies, he asks the player to be released in order to negotiate an alliance between their peoples.
- The achievement "Diplomacy is for the Meek" is won by killing the Scythian Prince and defeating the Scythians instead.
- Notably, the above points only apply to the Definitive Edition. Though the unit was introduced in The Conquerors, the original version of the scenario does not use it, and the Scythian Prince is instead represented by a renamed Scout Cavalry with 1,000 hit points.
- In the scenario Bukhara of the Battles of the Forgotten, the Scythian Scout is one of the player's starting units. However, in the Historical Battles of the Definitive Edition, it is replaced by a normal Light Cavalry.
- In Djeriba Gold, the third scenario of the Sundjata campaign, the player can obtain eight Scythian Scouts (renamed to Malian Raiders) in a camp south of the map, which are useful thanks to their high pierce armor and hit point regeneration ability. They have been removed in the Definitive Edition.