- Woodworking increases range by 1.
Civilization bonuses Edit
- Greeks: Scout Ships move 30% faster.
- Minoans: Scout Ships cost 30% less wood.
- Hittites: Scout Ships have +4 range.
- Yamato: Scout Ships have 30% more hit points (+35 hit points).
- Macedonians: Scout Ships are four times more resistant against conversion.
The first true warships built to attack and sink other ships were galleys mounting a heavy ram at the front. The warship attempted to ram an enemy ship and stave in its hull, causing it at least take on water if not sink. Early warships were almost oar-powered torpedoes, consisting of a light, floating hull manned by oarsmen. A sail, if present, was used only in transit, not in battle.
|Units in Age of Empires|
|Age of Empires|
|Priest · Villager · Trade Boat · Merchant Ship · Fishing Boat · Fishing Ship · Light Transport · Heavy Transport|
|Infantry||Clubman · Axeman · Short Swordsman · Broad Swordsman · Long Swordsmen · Legion · Hoplite · Phalanx · Centurion|
|Archers||Bowman · Improved Bowman · Composite Bowman · Chariot Archer · Elephant Archer · Horse Archer · Heavy Horse Archer|
|Cavalry||Scout · Cavalry · Heavy Cavalry · Cataphract · Chariot · War Elephant|
|Siege||Stone Thrower · Catapult · Heavy Catapult · Ballista · Helepolis|
|Navy||Scout Ship · War Galley · Trireme · Catapult Trireme · Juggernaught|
|The Rise of Rome|
|Armored Elephant · Camel Rider · Fire Galley · Scythe Chariot · Slinger|