Although the in-game description states that Sanctity gives +50% HP, it is always just a bonus of +15 hit points (it does not stack with other bonuses for Aztec Monks or Spanish Missionaries). For Bohemians it also gives +15 hit points to villagers.
- Aztecs: Sanctity gives Monks an additional +5 HP.
- Bohemians: Sanctity affects Villagers.
- Burmese: Sanctity is 50% cheaper.
- Chinese: Sanctity is 15%/20% cheaper in the Castle/Imperial Age.
- Portuguese: Researching Sanctity is 30% faster.
- Lithuanians: Researching Sanctity is 20% faster.
|“||To achieve sanctity was to achieve a holiness of life and character. The holy men of the great religions of the Middle Ages strove for sanctity through their obedience to sacred texts, their vows of poverty, and their respect for all living things. Through sanctity they inspired those of other religions or those less committed.||”|
- Sanctity’s icon is based on the Holy Grail, a cup that purportedly caught some of Jesus’ blood during his crucifixion.