Campaign Description Edit
From humble origins as nomadic warriors, the Hittites settled in Anatolia and built an empire over the ruins of the Hattian and Mittani kingdoms. They adopted the chariot with great success and not only destroyed Babylon, but also rivaled Egypt in wealth and power. Lead the Hittites in their most daring raids and battles from the dawning of their culture to their cataclysmic clash with the Egyptians at Kadesh - the first major battle between great powers in human history.
- Homelands (Removed in the Definitive Edition)
- Growing Pains (Removed in the Definitive Edition)
- Opening Moves
- Raid on Babylon (Fall of the Mitanni in the original demo version)
- Battle of Kadesh (Reworked version of the original demo version)
- In the original version of the campaign shipped with the demo version, the scenarios gave basic instructions of how to play the game, similar to the Ascent of Egypt Learning Campaign.
- In the Definitive Edition of Age of Empires, the first two scenarios were deleted, probably because of their simplicity and the similarity to the tutorial. Both Fall of the Mitanni (renamed to Raid on Babylon) and Battle of Kadesh were completely reworked.