All buildings as well as Trebuchets and Battering Rams cannot be converted from a distance, meaning the Monk or Missionary has to stand directly next to the building/unit to convert it. All other siege weapons are convertible from a distance.
Converting buildings takes significantly longer than converting units.
While all siege weapons are convertible, not all buildings are. The following table shows which buildings are convertible and which are not.
* Idle Farms and Fish Traps however are converted when a Villager or Fishing Ship starts gathering from them.
- Aztecs: Redemption gives Monks +5 HP.
- Burmese: Redemption is 50% cheaper.
- Portuguese: Redemption is researched 30% faster.
- A team containing Lithuanians: Redemption is researched 20% faster.
The Age of Kings
- Chinese: Can research Redemption.
- Bulgarians: Initially, Kreposts can be converted. With update 34055, they cannot be converted.
- Chinese: With update 36202, Redemption removed from their technology tree.
- Cumans: Initially can research Redemption. With update 36202, Redemption removed from their technology tree.
|“||The ability of someone fallen from the faith to redeem himself or herself was a powerful act of forgiveness on the part of a religion. Religions that were forgiving and allowed redemption had an advantage over those that did not.||”|