All buildings as well as Trebuchets and Battering Rams cannot be converted from a distance, meaning the Monk or Missionary has to stand directly next to the building/unit to convert it. All other siege weapons are convertible from a distance.
Redemption does not need to be researched to convert the Armored Elephant line, which replaces the Battering Ram line for the South Asian civilisations. However, Monks and Missionaries still need to stand directly next to the Armored Elephant/Siege Elephant in order to convert it.
Converting buildings takes significantly longer than converting units.
While all siege weapons are convertible, not all buildings are. The following table shows which buildings are convertible and which are not.
* Idle Farms and Fish Traps however are converted when a Villager or Fishing Ship starts gathering from them.
- Aztecs: Redemption gives Monks +5 HP.
- Burmese: Redemption is 50% cheaper.
- Portuguese: Redemption is researched 30% faster.
- A team containing Lithuanians: Redemption is researched 20% faster.
The Age of Kings
- Chinese: Can research Redemption.
- Bulgarians: Initially, Kreposts can be converted. With update 34055, they cannot be converted.
- Chinese: With update 36202, Redemption removed from their technology tree.
- Cumans: Initially can research Redemption. With update 36202, Redemption removed from their technology tree.
|“||The ability of someone fallen from the faith to redeem himself or herself was a powerful act of forgiveness on the part of a religion. Religions that were forgiving and allowed redemption had an advantage over those that did not.||”|
- In The Conquerors, every civilization that has access to Redemption also has access to Sanctity, Atonement, and Theocracy.
- Redemption is mostly absent from archer civilizations, with only Italians as an exception.