|“||The Quechuans' life-long training of climbing up mountains makes all your infantry move faster.||”|
Quechuan Mountaineering (Incan Road-building before update 47581) is a technology in Age of Empires III that can be researched at a Trading Post built on an Quechua settlement. Once researched, it increases the speed of all infantry by 20%.
Quechuan Mountaineering is useful for civilizations which have Home City Cards that boosts their infantry units' speed.
- The Japanese can boost their Samurai speed by 10% with the Sword Saint card, research this technology, and configure their Golden Pavilion to increase infantry movement speed even further.
- The Germans have the Tilly's Discipline technology (requires the Treaty of Westphalia card) which gives infantry 20% more speed.
- Dutch Halberdiers move quite fast (mitigating their primary weakness) when this improvement is combined with the Military Reforms card.
It can also be useful for British and Spanish, whose Thin Red Line and Corselet technologies lower the movement speed of infantry and heavy infantry by 25% and 15% in exchange for 20% and 25% more hit points. With Quechuan Mountaineering, the penalty is countered completely and the units still gain a small speed boost.
Age of Empires III
- The technology is named Incan Road-building.
- The in-game description is "Advanced Incan road-building techniques mean all your infantry move faster."
The African Royals
- With update 47581, the technology is renamed to Quechuan Mountaineering and its icon has been updated.
- The in-game description is "The Quechuans' life-long training of climbing up mountains makes all your infantry move faster."