|This article is about the native technology. For the Inca unit, see Chasqui.|
|“||The healthy Quechuan diet helps your soldiers (except artillery units) to train faster.||”|
Quechuan Diet (Incan Chasquis Messengers before update 47581) is a technology in Age of Empires III that can be researched at a Trading Post built on a Quechua settlement. Once researched, it reduces the training time of infantry, cavalry, and shock infantry by .
Interestingly, since the Definitive Edition, Skull Knights and Tokala Soldiers receive a penalty effect from this technology, because it reduces their train time by 15% but also increases it by 18%, essentially giving them +3% training time.
Quechuan Diet is possibly the most important upgrade for a Treaty game, since it significantly improves unit train rates. No civilization should pass it up in long-running games if they have the resources and Trading Post(s) needed.
Age of Empires III
- The technology is named Incan Chasquis Messengers.
- Incan Chasquis Messengers reduces training time of infantry and cavalry by 25%, and artillery by 10%.
- The in-game description is "Fast Incan communications lets you train soldiers faster."
- Incan Chasquis Messengers also reduces training time of light infantry by 25%.
- Skull Knights and Dog Soldiers receive two effects from this technology (along with other technologies that reduces train time, possibly to prevent abuses); one which reduces their train time and the other increases it, essentially cancelling each other out.
The Asian Dynasties
- Incan Chasquis Messengers also reduces training time of Black Flag Army by 12%, Mongolian Army by 18%, Old Han Army, Standard Army, Ming Army, Imperial Army, Territorial Army, and Forbidden Army by 25%.
- Quechuan Diet reduces training time of infantry, cavalry, shock infantry, Black Flag Army, Mongolian Army, Old Han Army, Standard Army, Ming Army, Imperial Army, Territorial Army, and Forbidden Army by 15%, and no longer reduces training time of artillery.
- Skull Knights and Tokala Soldiers receive a penalty effect of +3% training time from this technology.
- The in-game description is "Fast Incan communications lets you train soldiers (except artillery units) faster."
The African Royals
- With update 47581, the technology is renamed to Quechuan Diet and its icon has been updated.
- The in-game description is "The healthy Quechuan diet helps your soldiers (except artillery units) to train faster."