“You have advanced to the Classical Age through the Creations of Ptah.”—Age up text in Age of Mythology
God Power Edit
- Shifting Sands: Teleports a group of units anywhere in player's LOS on the map.
- Scalloped Axe: Axemen do 10% more damage.
- Leather Frame Shield: Spearmen have 10% less pierce vulnerability.
- Electrum Bullets: Slingers do 10% more damage.
- Shaduf: Decreases farm cost by 33% and build time by 50%.
Myth Unit Edit
- Wadjet: Regenerating cobra that shoots venom at enemies.
Ptah offers a wide range of upgrades that benefit both the economy and military. His technologies upgrade each Barracks unit in some way, providing a noticeable boost to Classical Age combat. Axemen and Slingers gain increased attack while Spearmen take reduced damage from ranged units.
Ptah also aids the economy by decreasing the cost of farms and enabling them to be built faster. His god power can be used to make a deadly early rush, move away enemy units or take Laborers out of danger. His myth unit, the Wadjet, is best used defensively.
The cult center of Ptah was at Memphis, one of the older cities of ancient Egypt, and his importance grew as that city became the capital for many dynasties. He was usually depicted as a shaven-headed mummy holding a scepter or working with tools. He may have originally been a fertility god, and for a time was held to be the creator of all gods and religious practices. As other cults and gods rose in importance, he became a protector of the arts and crafts, a shaper of all things.