|This article is about the unit in Age of Mythology. For similar units in other games of the series, see Ram (disambiguation).|
- Buildings: +20%
God bonuses and upgrades
Odin increases hit points by 20%.
- Draft Horses increases speed by 20%.
- Engineers increases attack by 50% and attack against walls by 60%.
Portable Rams are the cheapest of all true siege weapons and can therefore be mass-produced easily. They do massive damage to buildings and are virtually immune to ranged fire. As such defensive buildings are useless against them (unless they have Boiling Oil). When in groups they can destroy walls and defensive buildings rapidly while taking little damage in return. This makes reaction teams against them a must if one is playing defensively. They have weak hack armor but quite a bit of hit points so can last for a while if under attack by enemy units but, like all siege weapons, must be deployed with an escort if they expect to survive.
Age of Mythology
- Originally, Portable Rams had 250 hit points and 3.60 speed. With patch 1.07, they have 215 hit points and 3.25 speed.
- Portable Rams train in 20 seconds.
- Portable Rams have 5% hack armor.
Tale of the Dragon
- Portable Rams have 3.5 speed and train in 15 seconds.
- With patch 2.7, Portable Rams have 225 hit points and 10% hack armor.
When taking an enemy town quickly was important, one simple, expedient solution was to cut down a strong tree, trim the trunk, attach some handholds, and use the tree to batter down a gate or wall section. Although very dangerous work for the men holding the ram, it could be put into action with hours of arriving outside the city walls. The Portable Ram was particularly effective in surprise attacks and against fortifications of weak design. Such a ram was popular with raiding armies and those who could not linger outside a city for a protracted siege.