The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
Plate Mail Armor is a technology in Age of Empires II that can be researched at the Blacksmith once the Imperial Age is reached. Once researched, it increases infantry armor and pierce armor by +1/+2.
Civilization bonuses[edit | edit source]
- Bulgarians: Plate Mail Armor costs 50% less food.
- Chinese: Plate Mail Armor is 20% cheaper.
- Incas: Plate Mail Armor benefits Villagers.
- Spanish: Plate Mail Armor costs no gold.
- Portuguese: Researching Plate Mail Armor is 30% faster.
Team bonuses[edit | edit source]
- A team containing Bulgarians: Researching Plate Mail Armor is faster.
History[edit | edit source]
|“||Armor made of large metal plates was the best defense obtainable against missiles and hand weapons. It was stronger and absorbed more energy. Large sheets of hammered steel were fashioned to fit the wearer's body. Making plate mail armor became an important craft. Specialists in Italy received orders for armor from all over Europe. The booty from battle or tournaments included valuable armor. Armor required regular oiling to prevent rust and this was the duty of squires indentured to knights. Plate mail armor appears ponderous today but was actually reasonably light and well designed for mobility. Athletic knights could perform handstands wearing armor. Knights could mount their horses without much difficulty and did not require cranes for a lift.||”|
Changelog[edit | edit source]
Definitive Edition[edit | edit source]
- Bulgarians: Initially, Blacksmiths work 50% faster. With update 42848, Blacksmiths work 80% faster.
- Bulgarians: With update 42848, Blacksmith technologies cost 50% less food.
- Portuguese: With update 42848, all technologies are researched 30% faster.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.