The Peasant is the Chinese worker unit in Age of Mythology:Tale of the Dragon. They are needed to gather the resources to build an army, build structures and otherwise expand the player's empire. A strong empire has many Peasants. In times of emergency, Peasants are fair fighters, but they are best left to what they do well - gathering resources and constructing buildings.
The player can only have up to 80 Peasants alive at any given time regardless of the population cap status.
Peasants are usually used to gather resources to fund the player's many technological upgrades and unit creation in addition to building and repairing structures.
Peasants can build the following buildings:
- Market, Castle
Peasants have the followers attack multipliers for their melee attack:
- Hand Axe increases the gather rate of wood by 10% and carrying capacity by 50%.
- Bow Saw also increases the gather rate of wood by 10% and carrying capacity by 50%.
- Carpenters also increases the gather rate of wood by 10% and carrying capacity by 50%.
- Pickaxe increases the gather rate of gold by 10% and carrying capacity by 50%.
- Shaft Mine also increases the gather rate of gold by 10% and carrying capacity by 50%.
- Quarry also increases the gather rate of gold by 10% and carrying capacity by 50%.
- Hunting Dogs increases the gather rate of food from hunted animals by 30%
- Husbandry increases the gather rate of food from herd animals by 20% and allows peasants to carry twice as much food (of all types.)
- Plow increases the gather rate of food from Farms by 10%
- Irrigation further increases the gather rate of Food from Farms by 10%
- Flood Control further increases the gather rate of Food from Farms by 10%
- Domestication increases the gather rate from Berry Bushes, Chickens and Ducks by 30% and Herdables (Cows, Goats, Pigs and Yaks) by 15%.
- Acupuncture causes peasants to regenerate 0.5 HP per second.
- Wheelbarrow increases carrying capacity of food, wood and gold by 5.
- Landlord Spirit reduces training time by 30%.
|“||Peasants form the basis of your economy. Make sure you have enough to generate a steady inflow of resources, but remember they are weak in combat. Have your Peasants build Storage Pits to drop off Wood, Gold and Food, and Gardens to generate Favor and other resources.
Farming and laboring peasants by far made up the highest percentage of ancient China’s population. According to legend, it was Shennong who first taught them to till the soil and separated Chinese peasants from the barbarians surrounding them. Chinese villages first clustered in the highlands surrounding the Yellow and Wei Rivers, and the imperial bureaucracy was responsible for keeping them abreast of the latest farming techniques and technologies so that their productivity matched their explosive population growth. Nevertheless, drought or river floods could wreak havoc on these villages, and regular labor drafts for the sake of irrigation canal and dyke improvements were the norm.
|—In-game help section|
- Unlike other worker units, Peasants did not build the initial Town Centers at an accelerated rate on the Nomad random map. This was fixed in patch 2.7.
|Villager | Laborer | Gatherer | Dwarf | Citizen | Peasant|