The Pavilion is an unconstructable building in Age of Empires II. Like Houses, Pavilions provide five population. They appear in some campaigns and are available in the Scenario Editor (under the Other tab). There are three separate types of Pavilion, different in appearance.
Some technology upgrades apply to Pavilions, as they serve the same function as Houses.
Pavilions appear in the following campaign scenarios. (Note: only includes The Age of Kings and The Conquerors campaigns)
- An Unlikely Messiah: There are a few Pavilions at the French army camp.
- The Rising: The English Guards and Rheims have a few Pavilions.
- The Siege of Paris: Joan's starting army camp consists of Pavilions.
- An Arabian Knight: There are Pavilions in the French settlements east and west of Cairo.
- Lord of Arabia: Reynald's Bandits have Pavilions in their small army camps scattered across the map.
- The Horns of Hattin: All players have Pavilions at their starting settlements.
- The Siege of Jerusalem: The player has some Pavilions at their starting position.
- The Lion and the Demon: All enemy encampments have a few Pavilions.
- The Lombard League There are several Pavilions in Henry the Lion's camp.
- Barbarossa's March: There are Pavilions at the Hospitallers camp.
- The Emperor Sleeping: Richard the Lion and Saladin have a few Pavilions.
- The Catalaunian Fields: The Ostrogoths have Pavilions in their settlement.
- Brother against Brother: There is a Pavilion next to the Castle near the tournament square.
- The Enemy of my Enemy: There are Pavilions at the player's starting position as well as in Toledo.
- The Exile of the Cid: There are Pavilions at Berenguer's army camp outside the walls of Zaragoza.
- Black Guards: There are Pavilions at the player's town as well as the Black Guard Army's army camps.
- King of Valencia: There are a few Pavilions in Lérida next to a few Gaia units.
- The Battle of the Frigidus: There are Pavilions in every camp except for Stilicho's camp.
- Razing Hellas: There are Pavilions inside of the starting Goth camp. There are also some comprising a small Byzantine camp in the center of the map, and some more in northwest Byzantine base.
- The Belly of the Beast: Several Pavilions are controlled by Goths in the starting area. Some more are present on the island leading to Ravenna.
- The Giant Falls: There are Pavilions inside of all three Gothic encampments. There are also Pavilions inside of the northeastern garrison by the edge of the map.
- A Kingdom of Our Own: The Roman army and Sarus's Goths control Pavilions inside of their camps.
- The Dragon Spreads His Wings: Voivod Istvan's camp and Vladislav II's north camp have Pavilions.
- The Return of the Dragon: Danesti Forces' forward camp and Hungary's base has Pavilions.
- The Breath of the Dragon: Orsova and Darstor have a few Pavilions.
- The Moon Rises: Hungary has a single Pavilion.
- The Night Falls: The player's starting position, the Ottoman Empire's camps, and the Italian Mercenaries' camp has Pavilions.
- The Rebellion of Melus (Definitive Edition): Pavilions are present inside of the three Lombard camps.
- Loose Ends: Several Pavilions are present inside of the Byzentine base, as well as the Norman base.
- The Onrushing Tide: Norman Besiegers have Pavilions present inside their bases.
|Unconstructable buildings in Age of Empires II|
|The Age of Kings|
|Bridge · Cathedral · Dome of the Rock · Great Pyramid · Mosque · Pavilion · Pyramid · The Accursed Tower · Sea Gate · Sea Tower · Sea Wall · The Tower of Flies · Trade Workshop · Yurt|
|Amphitheatre · Aqueduct · Arch of Constantine · City Wall · Colosseum · Fire Tower · Fortified Palisade Wall · Fortress · Gol Gumbaz · Poenari Castle · Quimper Cathedral · Temple of Heaven · Wooden Bridge|
|The African Kingdoms|
|Barricade · Fence · Granary · Hut · Palace · Fortified Tower · Storage · Tent|
|Rise of the Rajas|
|Army Tent · Sanchi Stupa|
|The Last Khans (Definitive Edition)|
|Aachen Cathedral · Chain · City Gate · Dormition Cathedral · Rock Church · Sankore Madrasah · Shrine · Tower of London|
|Lords of the West|
|Dawn of the Dukes|
|Dynasties of India|
|Minaret of Jam|