Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
Patch 4.7 is a patch for Age of Empires II HD: The African Kingdoms. It was released on August 23, 2016.
Improved desync logging[edit | edit source]
The desync logging system has been improved and now logs additional details like player and game settings:
- When a player encounters a desync their logs will now include additional game and player state information which is critical in tracking down these problems.
- Sync logging parameters have also been exposed in a config file (Age2HD/desync-tracking.txt). If players would like to alter the settings they can open the file in a standard text editor (like notepad) and follow the written instructions. When playing a multiplayer game all users will update their settings to match the host. This will ensure that everyone is running the same parameters.
- The data collected by these logs is now stored in memory rather than logging to a file (which endlessly grows during gameplay and is very slow). This approach also enables us to only collect the data for the frames in and around the time of the desync.
- If players encounter memory issues (by increasing the frames for example) the game will automatically reduce the number of frames recorded if memory has become scarce.
- When a player encounters a desync a file will be generated and saved in the logs folder (Age2HD/Logs). To manage space only the 10 most recent logs will be saved.
- This file will also be sent to the development team if players select yes on the pop-up when asked to upload their logs.
AI improvements[edit | edit source]
- AI Boar lures now have better placement. Gathering should now be more efficient and AI hunters should die less frequently when using a Boar lure.
- Boar-luring Villagers should now garrison sooner if they are at low health.
- sn-home-exploration-time function should now default to 300 (rather than -1)
- up-drop-resources function now should now work as expected.
- sn-gather-idle-soldiers-at-center function should now work as expected. When playing a King of the Hill game the AI should now try to take the center instead of using patrol orders.
General[edit | edit source]
- Farms should no longer appear depleted before they’re empty. Villagers should now correctly gather every last morsel before the depleted sound effects plays.
- The Save Chapter button has returned. When playing a game with the record game option checked the Save Chapter option will appear in the menu list. The hotkey associated with this action is also functioning.
- File names within the game should now display special characters correctly when saving and loading (within the game menus).
- Unit outlines should now display correctly when Villagers are obscured by buildings and objects.
- Water animations now correctly stop when the game is paused to give players a better visual indication that the game is correctly paused.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.