Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
Patch 4.6 is a patch for Age of Empires II HD: The African Kingdoms. It was released on November 28, 2015.
Desync improvements[edit | edit source]
- Changed terrain types from Farms no longer cause a desync (Rock 1 and Desert 2).
- Additional logging information has been added to the desync upload tool.
- When a desync is encountered, players will have the option to upload their desync logs which will be published as a mod for further investigation by the development team.
Game setup[edit | edit source]
- The host can now select spectator (as long as there are no AI players).
- Custom AI options are now saved between games.
- Rollover text for maps is now displaying correctly.
Editor[edit | edit source]
- When generating an Arena map the Scenario Editor no longer crashes.
- Load time improvements have been made for maps containing a larger number of triggers.
- Sound triggers should now correctly play from MP3 files.
- Triggers no longer crash when changing unit stance for units with no AI.
Replays[edit | edit source]
- The map view during replays will now be updated correctly when changing players.
- Keyboard scrolling during replays remains functional after changing players.
- Replays that use the "explored" option now function correctly.
- The "view lock" option is now disabled by default during replays (or as a spectator).
- Fixed an occasional infinite loop freeze while watching a replay on the fastest speed setting.
General[edit | edit source]
- Arrow key scrolling should no longer break after seeing the vote dialog or larger chat dialog.
- Some units have been moved to the base game to avoid loading fails (these units include 33, 61, 1116 and 1117)
- Shipwright is now correctly displayed in the Portuguese tech tree.
- RMS maps now generate correctly.
- Fixed a rare infinite loop freeze when drag selected formations are automatically merged during unit casualties. In multiplayer this would have frozen every player.
- Improvements to the player colour assignment logic have been made.
- Corrupted saves now report a message rather than causing a crash.
- Improvements have been made to saving The African Kingdoms scenarios.
- The eagle death animation now plays correctly.
- The tower rubble is now displayed at the correct size.
- Random map scripts now prioritize retail DRS maps over maps of the same name inside the random-map-scripts folder. This should prevent issues with unintentional mods replacing retail maps if the map happens to share the same name.
Hotfix[edit | edit source]
- Solves the "lumberjack flare" desync. This was the desync that has been plaguing games for the past couple weeks and triggering in 7.7% of all games. It was caused by specifically playing a team game. Using flares would corrupt objects 1-8 depending one which player triggered it. Objects 1-8 were almost always trees along the NW edge of the map. If player 3 triggered a flare, it would corrupt tree with id 3, making it no longer selectable for members that saw that flare. Once the tree was chosen by a lumberjack, the desync would happen.
- Fixed occasional crash when changing players while watching a replay.
- Possible blind fix for people that can't launch the game.
- Bonus damage vs camels fixed (Kamayuks, Eagles, and Chieftains technology).
- Replays that desync no longer ask to upload desync report. Also replays now allow a desynced replay to continue, allowing players to proceed or quit at their leisure. Note that whenever dat files change, certain replays can break. So games involving Eagles/Kamayuks and fighting camels would desync.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.