Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
Patch 4.5 is a patch for Age of Empires II HD: The African Kingdoms. It was released on November 20, 2015.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- Pausing multiplayer games now correctly functions (Each player has a 3 pause limit and other players are able to un-pause).
- Restart game is no longer an option in the multiplayer options menu.
- Destroying Houses no longer causes the game to end when users did not own the The Forgotten expansion.
- Unit sounds should now correctly play for each input.
- Chat notifications should now be functioning correctly.
- Real world and Special maps no longer desync on launch.
- Patrol attack spotted enemies delay reduced from 10s to 2s
- The map is revealed after resigning or getting defeated in any game mode. The game no longer automatically advances to achievements.
- Scroll inertia no longer causes keyboard scrolling to scroll too fast.
- Flares show up in the color of the person that sent them.
Editor[edit | edit source]
- Real world maps and special maps no longer appear in the list for generating random maps.
- Generating blank tiny maps no longer causes a crash.
- Improvements have been made to correctly load and play very old scenarios.
- Users are now able to Modify Scenario Dependencies for existing scenarios. For example, if someone made a really complicated scenario in Age of Empires, they can now convert it to require The African Kingdoms and utilize the new content. This feature is accessible from the Main Menu in the Scenario Editor section (backup scenarios before converting).
Other[edit | edit source]
- Achievements for defeating African civilizations are now functioning correctly.
- The first William Wallace scenario now correctly displays the intro slides after the video.
- Main Menu button sounds can now be heard.
- The African Kingdoms Campaign button sounds can now be heard.
- Campaign objective text no longer overlaps scroll bar.
- Campaign packages as well as saves and replays using the new file extension are now moddable.
- The Main Menu is now moddable (If players have main menu mods and enable/disable them, they'll need to restart the game before they'll see the changes).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.