Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
Patch 4.1 is a patch for Age of Empires II HD: The Forgotten. It was released on June 23, 2015.
Framerate[edit | edit source]
- FPS in single player once again defaults to 60 fps.
- The UI now renders on each button press (providing immediate feedback to the player).
- In-game chat commands are now functional for controlling FPS:
- "getfps" to see what their current ui/fps values are.
- "setmaxfps #" to alter their maximum fps in single player.
- Replace # with a number between 5 and 10000.
- "setuifps #" to alter their maximum ui fps.
- Replace # with a number between 1 and 10000.
- Please note that increasing these value may reduce responsiveness or create drops in overall fps.
- Please note that players may need to disable vsync in the options menu to see the fps increase.
AI[edit | edit source]
- Custom AI mods now correctly appear and are selectable from the Player Name drop down.
- While setting up a standard game with Conquerors enabled, the player name drop-down now properly calculates custom AIs.
- AI now default to Computer in the Player Name drop down when returning to the setup screen.
- AI will now respond to player commands (like asking for food or trying to ally).
- AI will now resign when appropriate.
- AI will now attempt to go after the Relic in Capture the Relic games.
UI[edit | edit source]
- The red Age Advance bar is back.
- Resource fonts are now using the correct font type and no longer flicker.
- When hosting a game, the Game Lobby title is now Multiplayer Game.
- Post game Player Names are now centered in the banner.
- Post game Technology Stats headers are now visible in all columns.
- Tech tree icon is now updated and centered.
- In the Editor the Trigger Toggle buttons are now visible.
Mod manager[edit | edit source]
- Upgrading mods should now function for all players.
- Improvements for players with more than 50 published mods (now easier to manage).
- Added a commandline argument "FASTVALIDATE".
- This will sacrifice smooth animation on the validation screen in exchange for greater processing speed (most noticeable for players with 300+ mods).
- Fixed an infinite loop crash during validation when it’s waiting for something it can’t find.
- If players run into an infinite loop, they can hit Ctrl+C to break out of it.
- Icons for status and type are now displayed next to each mod (along with help text).
- Status Subscribed is an open scroll icon.
- Status Published is a sealed scroll icon.
- Status Unpublished is a blue feather pen icon.
- Status Legacy Published is a stone tablet icon.
- Type Dataset is a gear icon.
- Type Legacy mod is a broken stone tablet.
- Players can hover the mouse over the column headers to get in-game descriptions of the icons.
General[edit | edit source]
- When launching the patch for the first time the game will attempt to auto relocate files including custom scenarios, AI and random map scripts.
- Intro/outro sequences for the "Battles of the Forgotten" scenarios are now functioning.
- When holding a Relic while force closing the game it will no longer crash.
- Relay network message will no longer spam players.
- Relay network message should appear localized correctly for the player (not the sender).
- Campaigns should now work correctly for players with Chinese Local.
- Game Lobby file transfer bar has been improved.
- Launch Option NOMODS no longer breaks video playback.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.