Patch 2.8 is a patch Age of Empires II HD, released on September 20, 2013. It was a hotfix for 2.7 and it addresses a variety of bug fixes and improvements. The next version of the game was brought with the release of Age of Empires HD: The Forgotten.
- 4v4 Multiplayer Games should no longer frequently crash when launching.
- The AIs have remembered how to age up again and will no longer stall in the Feudal Age.
- Game saves and replays from 2.6 multiplayer should function properly. We’re working on systems to enable backwards compatibility in the future. Due to these changes, 2.7 games and saves will not be supported.
- Several bugs resulting in game instability have been resolved
- Garrison should be functioning properly
- With new profiles the lobby filter will be set to “worldwide” by default instead of regional