Patch 2.0 is a patch for the Mac version of Age of Mythology that updates the game to a universal binary and introduces several graphical and interface improvements.
Changes[edit | edit source]
The Age of Mythology version 2.0 is a universal binary, and will run natively on both Intel and PowerPC Macs. This new version has the following minimum system requirements:
- 500 MHz or faster PowerPC G4, G5, or Intel processor. 1 GHz or faster recommended.
- Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later. Mac OS X 10.4 “Tiger” recommended.
- QuickTime 6.4 or later.
- 256 Megabytes (MB) of RAM. 512 MB recommended.
- 32 MB video card.
- 1 GB of available hard disk space. 1.5 GB recommended.
- 8x CD-ROM drive.
- 56 Kbps modem or LAN for online network play. Broadband recommended.
In addition, please note the following:
- To play multiplayer games via LAN, DirectIP, or GameRanger, all players must upgrade to version 2.0. multiplayer games may not be played between versions 1.x and 2.0.
- Bump-mapped water effects have been implemented.
- Environment mapping has been added; certain units (such as Scarabs and Kraken) will appear shinier.
- Some load times have been reduced.
- Rendering speeds have been improved under some hardware cases.
- Support for monitor resolutions up to 1920x1440 has been added.
- Save games and third-party scenarios are stored within the universal binary application. If you need to access these files from the Mac OS X Finder, click the Age of Mythology game icon and do a "Show Package Contents". From there, locate the Contents/Resources/GameData folder. For example, if the player downloads a third-party scenario and wishes to add it to the game, do a "Show Package Contents" on the game icon, and place place the downloaded file(s) into the Contents/Resources/GameData/scenario folder.