Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
Changes[edit | edit source]
Enhancements[edit | edit source]
- Idle Villager Key - Pressing the period ( . ) key selects and centers the view on a villager or fishing boat that is not assigned a task. Pressing ( . ) cycles though all idle villagers and boats in the game. This is a keyboard-only command; there is no on-screen control for it.
Balance Changes[edit | edit source]
- Shang Food Cost - The cost of a Shang villager was reduced to 40 food. The amount of food the Shang player starts with was reduced by 40.
- Phoenician Woodcutting Bonus - Phoenician villagers now work 15% faster. In previous versions of Age of Empires, they worked 54% percent faster.
Bug Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Market Tribute Bug - If you have an incompletely built market, you can no longer send a tribute until it is completed.
- Wall Overrun Bug - If you build a wall from the inside of the map to the edge, it will no longer build wall foundations all the way across the map.
- Deleted Shallows Object Bug - If you delete shallows in the map editor, units can no longer walk over the old shallows area.
- Building Through Diagonal Walls Bug - A villager can no longer build a building on the opposite side of a diagonal enemy wall.
- Converted Dock Bug - You can no longer continue to trade at your dock after it has been converted.
- Farm Bug - When both a farmer and Farm are selected at the same time, pressing "S" no longer causes the farm to replenish the amount of food available.
- Building and Training at Incorrect Building Bug - You can no longer train units at a building not intended for that purpose.
- Cheats Removed from Multiplayer - The GAIA, Reveal Map, and No Fog cheats have been removed from multiplayer.
- Steroids Bug - Cheating in multiplayer games by using the Steroids cheat has been prevented.
- Anti-Trainer Technology - Technology has been added to Age of Empires to cause multiplayer games to go out of sync if any of a variety of hacks are attempted.
- Multiplayer Game Launching - Multiplayer games with larger numbers of players (6 or more) or with bad modem connections are much more likely to succeed on launching.
- Palmyran Free Tribute on Full Tech Tree Bug - When the Full Tech Tree option is selected, the Palmyran civilization players no longer receive the free tribute bonus.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.