Patch 1.06 for Age of Mythology is the sixth update for the game. It fixes a single client issue and makes several gameplay balance adjustments. This patch is notable for severely nerfing Animals of Set.
Patch 1.05 - fixes an exploit, a crash, a few ESO issues, and some balance concerns.
- Fixed a memory overwrite in the renderer that was potentially causing random crashes or out-of-sync errors.
Unit balance adjustments
NOTE: Save games from all previous versions will not be affected by the balance changes. Recorded games from all previous versions are still supported and will replay as before:
- Odin's bonus now grants only +10% hitpoints to Jarls (was +20%).
- Thundering Hooves now adds only +10% hitpoints to Jarls (was +20%).
- Hoplites cost -10 Food and +5 Gold. This should make them more affordable in the early game.
- Set animals do less damage to buildings.
- Set animals take longer to convert.
- Set's bonus now grants only +10% hitpoints to Slingers (was +20%).
- Feral now improves animal attack by +25% (was +50%).
- Sphinx upgrades now much cheaper.
Network and ESO fixes
- Fixed a bug in the vote dialog that was causing lockups when a player was dropped.
- Added better diagnostics for determining connection problems.