|“||Can be built into existing Walls. You and your allies can manually open and close this Gate.||”|
|—Age of Empires II description|
The Palisade Gate is a defensive structure in Age of Empires II HD: The Forgotten. It can be built in existing Palisade Walls to have an opportunity to let friendly units through while keeping enemies out.
Palisade Gates open automatically if a friendly unit approaches to let them through and only close again if no unit stands right under the Gate. So if own units cause the Gate to open, enemy units can also pass or keep the Gate open on purpose. To prevent that, Palisade Gates can be locked so they will not open, even to friendly units. They can be unlocked again at any time.
|Building strengths and weaknesses|
|Strong vs.||Monks and Trade Cart|
|Weak vs.||Everything else|
|Hit points||Great Wall (+30%, Chinese only)|
|Construction speed||Treadmill Crane (+20%)|
- Byzantines: Palisade Gates have +10%/+20%/+30%/+40% HP in the Dark/Feudal/Castle/Imperial Age.
- Chinese: Technologies that benefit Palisade Gates are 15%/20% cheaper in the Castle/Imperial Age.
- Italians: Treadmill Crane is 33% cheaper.
- Malians: Palisade Gates are 15% cheaper (rounded up to 26 wood).
- Portuguese: Researching Treadmill Crane is 30% faster.
- Spanish: Palisade Gates are built 30% faster.
- A team containing Cumans: Palisade Gates have +33.3% hit points.
- A team containing Malians: Researching Treadmill Crane is 80% faster.
- A team containing Mayans: Palisade Gates are 50% cheaper.
- Palisade Gates cost 20 wood.
- Palisade Gates foundations have 2/2 armor while under construction.
- Palisade Gates have 400 HP regardless of the age.
- Koreans: Palisade Gates are built 33% faster (despite stating 25% faster).
- Palisade Gate cost 30 wood.
- Cumans team bonus: Palisade walls and gates have +50% HP upon release. In a later update, it was nerfed to +33% HP.
- Palisade Gate (along with other wall and gate) foundations have 0/0 armor while under construction.
- Fixed the issue with side parts of diagonal gates being walkable during construction.
- With update 44725, Palisade Walls now have 240 HP before the Feudal Age.
- Gates (both Stone and Palisade) can now be rotated using Ctrl + scroll wheel.
- Koreans: Palisade Gates are no longer built 33% faster.
|Buildings in Age of Empires II|
|House · Monastery · Wonder|
|Economic||Town Center · Dock · Fish Trap · Mill · Farm · Market · Lumber Camp · Mining Camp · Feitoria · Folwark|
|Research||Blacksmith · University|
|Barracks · Archery Range · Stable · Siege Workshop · Castle · Harbor · Krepost · Donjon|
|Tower||Outpost · Watch Tower · Guard Tower · Keep · Bombard Tower|
|Wall||Palisade Wall · Stone Wall · Fortified Wall · Palisade Gate · Gate|